Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, good you didn't try to jerk it over like that :surprised3::lol:.
Never heard of that before(chrome on a meteor piston), but they are pretty shiny.
Maybe @Orange Ripper could cut you a .020 gasket for that 254, he's been making some gaskets.
On the 2 series saws I've had, they run stronger a little rich, not pig rich, but fatter than I typically tune my saws.
It looks like a chrome finish but it is not. I got this information on the piston coating from the Meteor website. (Picture) I'll make up a new gasket for it. I should have done that yesterday but was in a hurry. This saw is running beyond rich. It is filthy rich. I smoked out my 26 x 30 garage in less than a minute. I guess that is what happens when you fix the air leak in a saw by changing the crank seals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231231-082227_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231231-082227_Samsung Internet.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, I don't think HVBW would be nice smoke.....smells kinda poopy.
Toxicity. While some use it I’m not putting something that has toxins in it . If the dust can harm humans then I stay away from it . It’s also has a very strong bitter taste . It can be used but why would you
Black walnuts have a natural toxin that kills other plants around it .

Toxicity. While some use it I’m not putting something that has toxins in it . If the dust can harm humans then I stay away from it . It’s also has a very strong bitter taste . It can be used but why would you
Black walnuts have a natural toxin that kills other plants around it .
My thoughts exactly.....and, there are plenty of better options available.

I've heard of the old timers in the pnw smoking with old growth fir bark....I guess some folks like raunchy tastes.

Just ate one of the tenderloins outta this hog for supper......👌
The boys killed two of em yesterday....they just finished the boning & wrapping about an hour ago.View attachment 1140036
I smoked up one it’s relatives on Friday . Pulled pork for my grandsons birthday which is today . My daughter his aunt birthday is today also IMG_7556.jpegIMG_7557.jpeg

My thoughts exactly.....and, there are plenty of better options available.

I've heard of the old timers in the pnw smoking with old growth fir bark....I guess some folks like raunchy tastes.
prob a tall tale! some get like that! lol... i'd never smoke with fir bark. but down here we do smoke with oak bark! not per se, but its ok to use... post oak best they say...

however, we do have a way with ice cream! ~
zzzzxtx.JPG

I don’t like mesquite smoked anything . Seems every time I eat it I get nauseous
that is interesting. it is quite popular down here. my fav use of mesquite is to grill some strips over its hot coals. adds a delightful taste that is beyond compare. well, imo... i have plenty of mesquite cooking wood. all cut and ready to use. then there is my mesquite corner up on my ranch. 4, maybe 5 acres... one mesquite tree after another! i never, ever will run out of mesquite!!! 🤩

don't get much better for my 2-cents!
1704031217270.png

Nice, good you didn't try to jerk it over like that :surprised3::lol:.
Never heard of that before(chrome on a meteor piston), but they are pretty shiny.
Maybe @Orange Ripper could cut you a .020 gasket for that 254, he's been making some gaskets.
On the 2 series saws I've had, they run stronger a little rich, not pig rich, but fatter than I typically tune my saws.
Thanks for the shoutout here brother!
I am gonna be making one for my 254xp, but haven’t had a chance to get into her again yet, so I don’t have a template made for the base gasket right now, only the 2 intake block gaskets!
Unsure of thickness off hand, would have to check with my caliper, but it Is thinner than oem
Have been using a roll of Felpro gasket paper not this black paper, this was the prototyping stage.

D7A75149-08A3-4DA3-9B90-27171D6AF8D4.jpeg

If those are strands of barbed wire and/or live stock fencing in those ashes they are just like mine... 😉

View attachment 1140172
hi Griz - naw, not barbed wire! we don''t burn our fences!! lol..... in the metal pail, pine needles. in the hearth expanded metal to keep hot coals up in the fire. i see u have large spaces between urs.

Latest posts

Back