Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bad drivers everywhere. Stop signs and red lites are just a suggestion here. Can't count the number of times I have had to slow down or move over onto the shoulder when cars passing in no passing zones are coming at me head on in my lane. :omg:
Driving my tractor at a slow pace in the road yesterday when this woman flew by me from the rear going about 55 mph. She cut back in just in time to miss the oncoming car from the other direction. That car was almost in the snowbank to avoid being hit. It is like this everytime I drive up and down our road going back and forth to my wood road 200 yards away. I wish the State would put speed bump strips on my road. It is a State road. You are spot on about red lights and stop signs. We have now reached the time where people are just plain F'en stupid. With the speed trap apps it makes it so easy for these A-holes to check if there are any police on their route. If you see a cop car you just tap the app and mark police car here.

Bought two of these yesterday . Regular price is $149 , clearance price $37. I bought the last two and had the guy look to see if any other stores close by had any more left . Nothin View attachment 1146366
What!! Where?? I don't need one because I got mine for $69 in 2022, but that price is insane!

What!! Where?? I don't need one because I got mine for $69 in 2022, but that price is insane!
I wasn’t looking for one but needed some new router bits and couldn’t pass on them . I figured I’d leave the two most used bits in them so I don’t need to chuck them back and forth . I have a big 1 1/2 hp router but these are nice for light duty

We were dirt broke poor when I was a kid living with my grandparents, so things like processed meats/foods wasn't something we could afford real often. Stuff like spam, velveta and tuna fish were a real treat for us. Don't eat spam real often, but I love it to this day.
heck! i am still dirt broke poor!! 😋 how broke is that? ...sometimes i can't even pay attention! ~
:givebeer:

When I was a kid about 12, I'd get up early and walk to the next house up the road, about a quarter mile away. They had a bunch of kids and one was one my age, and while their fat, lazy assed mother sit watching tv, the kids got up, dressed themselves and made their own school lunches. They were pore-er than us, but they had potted meat and I thought they were luckiest kids in the world!

There's no way we could afford potted meat!! lol

SR
we had some kids in Jr Hi and they had (so i heard) dirt floor in part of their house. from their appearance, i believed it!

these kids today!!... all the g/ks have to be driven to school! :rolleyes: i was thinking about it last nite, in fact... visit with my HS :sweet: :heart: and walk up thru the field above them, down several streets past the HS, down 28th (long walk)... and all the way to 122nd... and then down the street to home. til cars, walked to school daily!

:drinkingcoffee:

Back to burning wood.... 👍
Someone asked about small cast iron Dutch Ovens..... this is a 5" Camp Chef on the stove. It only holds about 3 cups!
It's looks good next to a 14"! Used for sauces or ??
chef Pepin was cooking with one last nite. pigs feet! not quite a stew. and also did some tripe in one. i have tasted it, but that is all i ever did! he did tongue, too. beef. i have tasted that... liked it!

'you said rare, sir!!'
1705855708148.png

Now these guys are committed scroungers. Makes the rest of us look like a bunch of sissies.

this fell, a widow maker day before. 2 houses down. was first across street. then that evening all cut up neatly and stacked. thinking i mite take a closer look at it... no saw, no truck, no trailer... no motorcycles....!

gzz, that vid makes me feel like a :numberone:-class whoos!

all oak!
zzzzxtr.jpg

this fell, a widow maker day before. 2 houses down. was first across street. then that evening all cut up neatly and stacked. thinking i mite take a closer look at it... so saw, no truck, no trailer... no motorcycles....!

gzz, that vid makes me feel like a :numberone:-class whoos!

all oak!
but actually, i am more so just... an opportunist!
zzzzxop.JPG

Good morning all. Time for the cast iron pix. I know some of you are holding out on us. I just scored a BSR #3 1960's vintage I think. Will send pix when it arrives. If I can just find a nice 12" skillet I will have a 4 pan set at the house that should get me by very nicely. :drinkingcoffee:
i did breakfast other day in cast iron. eggs n bacon. the bacon came out fine. but i am sticking to my stickless OXO's...

for me, it is still "best eggs are those cooked in lots butter and low over gas..." we get very close to that!

i am not a crispy edge egg fan, and prefer my hard cooked eggs in shell!

but, all in all... not bad breakfast!

Latest posts

Back