Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No scrounging today, just burning the fruits of my labor. Couple pails of coal in there as well making it a bit more like a choo-choo than normal. That coal sure puts out the heat though !! Hopefully going to be back cutting some nice big oaks in the coming weeks. A neighbor wants a pasture cleared out and it’s full of nice big white oaks.
IMG_0491.jpeg

Mark/SS396
I know you mentioned how Mike being in a modern vehicle saved his life

This fella owns a repair shop/Tow truck operation between me and work.

He was hit head on last summer by a drunk driver, this was his beautiful 55 Chevy

They said he wasn’t gonna make it, he did, but is still in rough shape

D J Anderson, DAnderson Towing

The accident happened on my road

image000001.jpeg

Can confirm. You know it's good stuff if it fires up the tear ducts on the exhale 🤣
Ohhh yessss
Birmingham Stove & Range Co. Might be towards the end of the Red Mountain series. I will defer to others with more experience. 🍳 Just finished scrubbing it with hot water and an SOS pad. Then did a stove top seasoning. Think I had it hot enough the paper towels were getting very dark brown.
Edit: After further review it looks more likely that it is 1967 or shortly there after Century series. Looks like they were made with a whole lot less machining and or care than my #5 BSR pan. Maybe @svk or @farmer steve will chime in. I think it will cook fine and the food will taste just dandy on my fine paper plate.
I was thinking the same thing. By the rough casting it would definitely be a newer model.
Yep , greased it with lard . 😆👍
Not bear grease?!
Window shopping for a small bean pot. Can something this pitted be salvaged a put back in use?

View attachment 1147636View attachment 1147637
Yes, of course. It will be a little rougher finish after you strip down all that rust, but certainly very usable for many more generations.

Why isn't the biggest one getting cut?
That's a nice tree.
That tree has been that big all my 67 years and dad says its been that big all his 92 years. Can't imagine how many acorns it has produced in it's life time. It just deserves not to be cut.

The wife made a new creation, in cast iron of course, last night!! Ground deer, bunch of vegetables and some brown gravy under a generous layer of real corn bread. It was altogether about 3" thick in a large cast iron skillet baked in the oven. Good stuff!!!!

The wife made a new creation, in cast iron of course, last night!! Ground deer, bunch of vegetables and some brown gravy under a generous layer of real corn bread. It was altogether about 3" thick in a large cast iron skillet baked in the oven. Good stuff!!!!
:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Corn bread pre-baked? Or just put batter in first and then top with everything else? Either way, sounds like something I might try out camping in a Dutch oven.

:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

Corn bread pre-baked? Or just put batter in first and then top with everything else? Either way, sounds like something I might try out camping in a Dutch oven.
On top of everything else I believe. I was just on the eating end of things.

Back