Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm replacing the oil pump on a MS 170. I've done this twice before and never had this problem. I can't get the steel spring to lay back against the walls of the clutch cavity. Now the pump pickup wire doesn't fit. What am I doing wrong?
View attachment 1148271

How do the ends of this steel spring attach to the saw?
I'm curious why you two (@farmer steve and @WoodAbuser) replied with a "SAD" face? Because I don't know the answer to an easy question or don't know what I'm doing?? I'll admit, as I've done before, I just learning saw repair and I'm here for your amusement too if it happens. So, I'm not offended, not that it would matter even if I was :laugh: . I realize I'm missing something simple and hope someone who's done it a hundred times would reply.

How do you get the ring/spring to expand and stay there??

I'm curious why you two (@farmer steve and @WoodAbuser) replied with a "SAD" face? Because I don't know the answer to an easy question or don't know what I'm doing?? I'll admit, as I've done before, I just learning saw repair and I'm here for your amusement too if it happens. So, I'm not offended, not that it would matter even if I was :laugh: . I realize I'm missing something simple and hope someone who's done it a hundred times would reply.

Just showing that I'm sad you are having a problem and that I can't help.

Da! got it. Chain brake was clicked on. I popped the plastic cover plate off that covers the ends of the brake band and it was obvious. Never had that cover off before. So I learned a little something and maybe provided a little entertainment :laugh: .

I don't tear into things like I did when I was younger. More hesitant in doing it now for fear of screwing something up. And my eyes don't help the situation either.

I made some chili in one of my Dutch ovens, then when I had it all together, I threw into it some cheese bratts and left it all to simmer, on low.

Dang, those bratts did the chili some good and the chili did the bratts some good too!

SR
Sounds good, but I can't put uncooked brats in any dish. Too much grease for my stomach to handle. I precook mine over charcoal on a grill and then cut up and toss in.

I made some chili in one of my Dutch ovens, then when I had it all together, I threw into it some cheese bratts and left it all to simmer, on low.

Dang, those bratts did the chili some good and the chili did the bratts some good too!

SR
I made a pot of chili today too, but no cast iron and no brats. I did do the dishes and drink several adult beverages during the process if that accounts for any bonus points. ;) ;)

Sounds good, but I can't put uncooked brats in any dish. Too much grease for my stomach to handle. I precook mine over charcoal on a grill and then cut up and toss in.
I put the chili out in the unheated breezeway and when the chili cools, it's easy to skim off the excess grease. In the mean time, those bratts are excellent.

SR

Here's another vise I'm really fond of, it gets quite a bit of use,

IMG-2113-S.jpg

it's very hard to beat older American made vises,

IMG-2116-S.jpg

SR

Must have told you about Billy’s collection before. He had that and a lever
You did not tell me about that specific gun, but that was a popular "early" chambering of it.

Glad you guys had a good time, but wish I saw a few pelts!

I see you had snow today when we had rain!

Da! got it. Chain brake was clicked on. I popped the plastic cover plate off that covers the ends of the brake band and it was obvious. Never had thatcover off before. So I learned a little something and maybe provided a little entertainment :laugh: .

I don't tear into things like I did when I was younger. More hesitant in doing it now for fear of screwing something up. And my eyes don't help the situation either.
Did someone say 170s? 🤣
X10...

1000002892.jpg

New/spare parts? Where did you get all that stuff and why? New carbs and covers? What's the white part... fuel tanks?
Picked up 10 saws for $200. They were props at a haunted house place near here. Run a wot with no chain, no load and 50:1 . I think I can make 4-5 good saws out of the bunch. The rest is parts. All disassembled, cleaned and boxed. Several bad pistons, cylinders and one blown crank.
yes, those are fuel and oil tanks.
It took quite a while to get it all cleaned...some were pretty nasty. 1000002833.jpg1000002632.jpg

Same as the woodabuser. Sad I couldn't help ya .

Latest posts

Back