Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad’s friend told the story of growing up on the farm… His mom had one of those gas powered washing machines running outside. Big tomcat walked underneath it with his tail up in the air and came out the other side with just a tailbone. They held the cat on the chopping block and chopped the bone off and it more and less healed into a manx.

My first Echo from what I’ve read on here they have a good reputation. So I’m going to chance it the 5 year warranty helps too
You're going to love that 590! Great saw that punches above it's weight IMO. I've run one with a 36inch bar on it, It was a slow eat but it ate! Great deal you got on it too! I paid almost $300 for a CS400 a couple years ago.

You're going to love that 590! Great saw that punches above it's weight IMO. I've run one with a 36inch bar on it, It was a slow eat but it ate!
I hope so , I needed a saw to fill the gap of the little Husky 350 and the MS 460 magnum

All I can say in my defense is that if a tree needs a hug that badly I dispense with formality and git er done. I do not take time to mark a tree for a hat rack, make one and hang my hat.:hi:
They don't need it, that's just so we can tell all the folks that are mad about us cutting them that we hugged them first, I'm not gonna lie about something that serious ;).

I had narrowly escaped getting sick three other times this winter and finally got a little bit of a cold here. There’s been a lot of **** going around here between RSV and influenza and common cold and maybe the Chinese thing too. I think I just have a touch of a common cold. Tickle in my throat last week turned into a lot of head stuffiness and a little bit of a dry cough. Knock on wood it could be a lot worse. DayQuil knocks it out pretty good for the workday and NyQuil is wonderful in the evening.

Daughters have been with me and they both seem to have caught a strain of it too. Knock on wood my basketball player and his teammates haven’t gotten sick yet. Big game tomorrow night, season finale at home. Outcome of this game will determine who is the three and four seed for our subsection. The subsection seeding is kind of a raw deal because the top four teams are all in the north subsection. So once the top team gets past the semi finals, they are going to go against a team that any of the rest of us would probably blow out.

DayQuil knocks it out pretty good for the workday and NyQuil is wonderful in the evening.
One time I had bought a dual package of that stuff(had both night and daytime in it) and I had never used it before. Well, I removed it from the package and then when I needed it again I couldn't remember which was nigh and which was day. I figured green go, red stop, so I took a couple green, that didn't "go" well 😴. The bad thing about this, is that I took it early in the morning so I could make it to work(yeah, this was a while ago, back when people went to work with a cold or allergies ;)).

We've been battling colds and sickness for the last 3 weeks. There's all manner of sicknesses passing around our kids school. Yesterday I picked all three kiddos up because they all puked at school. They said they were fine in the morning. :nofunny:

They all seemed better by this afternoon so back to school they go to see if they can pick something else up.:surprised3:

One time I had bought a dual package of that stuff(had both night and daytime in it) and I had never used it before. Well, I removed it from the package and then when I needed it again I couldn't remember which was nigh and which was day. I figured green go, red stop, so I took a couple green, that didn't "go" well 😴. The bad thing about this, is that I took it early in the morning so I could make it to work(yeah, this was a while ago, back when people went to work with a cold or allergies ;)).
Interesting colors. The syrup I have is orange/yellow for the day and blue/purple for night. I believe the tablets are yellow for day and blue for night.

Interesting colors. The syrup I have is orange/yellow for the day and blue/purple for night. I believe the tablets are yellow for day and blue for night.
That what I thought too. That green shut me right down, but after I woke up I felt better lol. I never made that mistake again. This was about 25-30yrs ago.

Go to
Have fun!
Bed man 😆.
No idea why I'm up, maybe its because I went to sleep at 930 last night, that's not normal. At least there were coals in the wood burner, so I'm getting a fire going and heading back to bed, 230 is too early to get up.
May do some cutting at the neighbors on the cherry that blew down in his yard today. Also working on the barn, need to get some insulation I scrounged on the ceiling of the section I've been working on.
Neighbor stopped by last night (actually two of them did), said he'll get the outlets wired in and installed this weekend for me. Just need to make a decision on what lights I want to put in there.
Put the final coat of ceiling paint/primer in there yesterday. Hoping to get out and cut some base board, casing, I know a guy who said he's done that before 😀. He said Saturday might work, the weather looks great for that.
Alright, I'm out, hopefully like I took some Nyquil 😆.

My new scrounge wood cutter upper .
View attachment 1157901
View attachment 1157902Went to Home Depot armed with my 15% off card ready to buy . Get there they have to look for 45 minutes for the saw . None on the shelf website said 8 in stock . And the only one they locate the box is all banged up and ripped . Look inside oil and paperwork no scrench. Manager says I’ll take 25% off and keep your coupon . So $336.75 before tax . I may go to another HD and buy another for my son with the 15% off give it to him for Christmas.View attachment 1157904
Good saws the coil is limited on the 590's they are reliable though and punch above their CC's and can handle a 24'' with a good chain. I would pull the limiters but don't get to wild with the muffler mod they can be quite loud. The muffler doesn't have a catalyst inside.

My new scrounge wood cutter upper .
View attachment 1157901
View attachment 1157902Went to Home Depot armed with my 15% off card ready to buy . Get there they have to look for 45 minutes for the saw . None on the shelf website said 8 in stock . And the only one they locate the box is all banged up and ripped . Look inside oil and paperwork no scrench. Manager says I’ll take 25% off and keep your coupon . So $336.75 before tax . I may go to another HD and buy another for my son with the 15% off give it to him for Christmas.View attachment 1157904
@James Miller had his ported. Ran right up there with my 036. Great saw for the $$.

No word of a lie, I saw a mosquito yesterday. A mosquito in February! Talk about strange weather this year. With any luck they'll all hatch and die in a cold snap :surprised3:
The ticks are out and about, 🤬 Oh and predictions are more record heat this year than last , Thanks 👍

Latest posts

Back