Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look to see what is out there, never bad to check now.
I have a back up plan or 7, few of them id rather not enact unless a last resort, and I'm pretty far from that. (I think) I can go work for my uncle as a stop gap if it comes to it. I can go back to the machine shop (big pay cut) and back in the road. I haven't spoken with my old Volvo rep recently, but last we spoke I had a standing job offer as a road tech. Could go and work for power secure in about the same capacity. Problem with both of them is its a lot of time on the road away from the family. We'll see. I'm hopeful things will work out, but kinda prepared if they don't.
If you have a retirement plan think about that also if you have been there for quite some time. If not, then write yourself up a resume and put it out there. I get headhunter emails every couple of months about open jobs. I retired 26 months ago as a machine builder/service technician. I have no clue as to why they think that I am looking for a job.
I do, and a pretty decent retirement at that. We need 7 years to be fully vested and I'm about 3.5 years right now. I'd loose a pretty big chunk of change leaving. Lots to consider, I'm not getting any younger and really I thought I'd retire from here. Well see. I'm not going to make a rush decision, just have to give it some time amd see how things pan out.

Let us know how well it works.
I like the ripping chain works much faster than a reg chain . The cut is very rough might be the bar maybe worn a little but I’m slabbing 2 1/2 inches plenty to plane off . The muffler mod worked well just need to tweak it a bit IMG_7926.jpegIMG_7927.jpeg

I certainly respect his service and have no problem with him personally...

Maybe I am old fashioned but if someone chooses to purposely and repeatedly go against "regular" posting ethics I view it as disrespectful....sort of like purposely pronouncing someone's name wrong after you've been asked to pronounce it properly.

I'm a pretty easy going guy but I am not shy about calling out people who I feel are disrespectful to others or acting like bullies hence the reason why I have butted heads on here with certain saw builders, people from Warshington, guys who don't believe in neck sizing, etc. I know that will get me sideways with some folks but at this point in my life I would rather stand for something than let rude and/or narcissistic people walk over my friends. (Not saying BL is one of these, just saying why I sometimes open my mouth even if I don't have a dog in the fight.)

Well if I was still single I would. Have been seeing a lady for about the last 6 weeks and want to spiff things up a bit in there.
I'd start by cleaning the barn/garages first, much more important, and she'll be impressed ;).
Follow me for more dating tips
Wait did I read that thread wrong? I though it was him?
I went back and edited my post in here(or maybe it was in his thread) as it wasn't him.
It is what it is...he has admitted to posting every thought separately to promote his like and post count...IMO seems silly and childish to fill pages of bandwith just to do that.

Wasn't the first time he got sideways with people in here and left in a tizzy. And I suspect it wont be the last.
He leaves to go up to his ranch and is gone for spells, who knows. Doesn't change my life much, just like me not being on here doesn't change others lives much. I'm not so into myself that I think otherwise, life just rolls on, and me posting or not doesn't change much. That being said, if I can make a few friends whether local or long distance, that's cool. So is being able to help someone, which is the main reason I joined, I had taken enough and felt I had something to offer.
Guess I didn't hit "post reply".

I view it as disrespectful....sort of like purposely pronouncing someone's name wrong after you've been asked to pronounce it properly.
I'm like that with folks who change their name/pronouns :innocent:.
I don't partake in lies, or tell someone who's mentally ill they aren't.
I've always thought Sveck was pretty easy to pronounce 😄.

I certainly respect his service and have no problem with him personally...

Maybe I am old fashioned but if someone chooses to purposely and repeatedly go against "regular" posting ethics I view it as disrespectful....sort of like purposely pronouncing someone's name wrong after you've been asked to pronounce it properly.

I'm a pretty easy going guy but I am not shy about calling out people who I feel are disrespectful to others or acting like bullies hence the reason why I have butted heads on here with certain saw builders, people from Warshington, guys who don't believe in neck sizing, etc. I know that will get me sideways with some folks but at this point in my life I would rather stand for something than let rude and/or narcissistic people walk over my friends. (Not saying BL is one of these, just saying why I sometimes open my mouth even if I don't have a dog in the fight.)
I've seen Fargo at least ten times, I know what happens when you guys get pushed too far.

I'd start by cleaning the barn/garages first, much more important, and she'll be impressed ;).
Follow me for more dating tips

I went back and edited my post in here(or maybe it was in his thread) as it wasn't him.

He leaves to go up to his ranch and is gone for spells, who knows. Doesn't change my life much, just like me not being on here doesn't change others lives much. I'm not so into myself that I think otherwise, life just rolls on, and me posting or not doesn't change much. That being said, if I can make a few friends whether local or long distance, that's cool. So is being able to help someone, which is the main reason I joined, I had taken enough and felt I had something to offer.
Guess I didn't hit "post reply".

I'm like that with folks who change their name/pronouns :innocent:.
I don't partake in lies, or tell someone who's mentally ill they aren't.
I've always thought Sveck was pretty easy to pronounce 😄.
I love pronouns.....my favorite one is changing varmints pronouns to was/were. :)

I love pronouns.....my favorite one is changing varmints pronouns to was/were. :)
This dude got a bit too comfy in the scrounged wood pile earlier today, relocated "him". I'm telling you, those .17 with the 17gr projectiles are wicked at 55-60yds!
Top left Red Oak, top right Black Locust :sweet:.
Bottom Cherry, Cherry, Cherry.
Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 5.26.35 PM.png

Yeah, I've seen what their mostly peaceful protests look like :blob2:, can't imagine if they got upset:crazy2:.
Ya' know, I drove right through Minneapolis the day after the George Floyd incident, on my way home from Edmonton. Had know idea what had taken place, since it wasn't a big deal yet across rural Saskatchewan and North Dakota. I was a little miffed with dispatch later on when I learned they drove me right through the middle of the fracas to pick up some crappy back-haul.

Ya' know, I drove right through Minneapolis the day after the George Floyd incident, on my way home from Edmonton. Had know idea what had taken place, since it wasn't a big deal yet across rural Saskatchewan and North Dakota. I was a little miffed with dispatch later on when I learned they drove me right through the middle of the fracas to pick up some crappy back-haul.
Some of the freeways got hairy shortly after that. A semi got stuck in a mob and they accused him of trying to run over protestors (he didnt hit anyone) when the poor guy was just trying to get the heck out of there.

Those riots definitely sold a lot of AR's in the aftermath of people burning down their own towns.

Some of the freeways got hairy shortly after that. A semi got stuck in a mob and they accused him of trying to run over protestors (he didnt hit anyone) when the poor guy was just trying to get the heck out of there.

Those riots definitely sold a lot of AR's in the aftermath of people burning down their own towns.
This is why I will never live in an urban area by my own choosing.

Question for you all. Does anyone else think that @Cowboy254 hasn't posted for a while because he ran out of ugly wood to post fotos of?:omg::laughing:
I think he is Roo-ing around.

Later today I hit the woods to chip some brush up. Then out came my 254XP to take down some more dead Ash trees and make a nice mess again.

Attachments

• 20240301_165846.mp4
    23.4 MB

I would have flattened them mofo's and never looked back.

Just looking at the longevity of some of the posters in here. JimR on AS since 2005, gggGary and I since 2009... Even Chipper has been here for almost a decade!

(I have shared this story before to him but maybe not to the group). I was a mod when Chipper joined and for a while we suspected he was a formerly banned member due to his writing style being very similar to this other fellow. His IP cleared him though as I think the other guy was in Massachusetts.

I miss some of the oldies like Wudpirat, Zogger, and even the crusty Alleyyooper. Glad to see Mainewoods will hopefully be back.
scott aka 08fl150 and his snackie pics. Can't forget whitespider with his superior bias ply tires and smoke dragon stove.
Not seen niko either aka sawtroll.

scott aka 08fl150 and his snackie pics. Can't forget whitespider with his superior bias ply tires and smoke dragon stove.
Not seen niko either aka sawtroll
Scott was a GREAT guy!!!
Before I became a manager at the dealership, I was a tech. Had to scramble for saw parts sometimes…

Good old 08f150, he’d ship me the parts I needed free of charge

Absolute GREAT guy!!

I remember when his old lady was in the bad car accident, shortly after that his health went downhill

Absolute 1st ballot get into heaven kinda guy!!

Back