Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I figured out the kinda firewood I grabbed yesterday

It’s “I’m happy own a hydro splitter wood”

This stuff is STRINGY!!

Happy I was able to put the new Fiskars to action!

Makes quick work of the strings View attachment 1160868View attachment 1160867View attachment 1160869View attachment 1160866
That will have a fella looking for a way to mount a hatchet holder on his splitter! I also made a stop block for my splitter with a 2" deep slot in it for the wedge. Being able to push the wedge 2" past the bottom of the piece of wood made a big difference on how many time I needed a hatchet! Good burning wood tho, that stringy stuff!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. My dads Camry took a dump on the way home from work the other week and I just now got around to going over there and checking it out with him after hauling it home. Not even really sure how this happened but this is what I saw in #6 cylinder.......... guess it lost 1 valve for some reason and that one took the rest out, there was one valve head that was crammed into the valve seat sideways......... I couldn't get the scope turned around to see it real well, the 4th valve survived somehow.
1710158573569.png1710158610728.png
He said when it quit it didn't really make any noise, he was just coasting down a hill and went to hit the brakes and realized he had no power assist, looked down and it was not running. Tired to start it up and she was locked up tighter than a drum. I get there and he tries it again and it actually started but sounded like an old 6.2 diesel hitting on a 0 degree day so we shut it down and loaded it up (we did not know what was wrong at that point.

My parents have owned this car since it was brand new and I think the picture showing the valve train tells that my dad maintained it religiously as it had 256k miles on it. Never really drove it hard either, my mom babied this thing when it was her daily driver, and if I didn't know my dad I would say he was lying and actually giving her the beans when this happened, but I can guarantee that he was not.

she just got this batch last winter when tsc was clearing them out. I can't remember what all she ended up with. Some white skinny chickens, some little speckled black ones and some big red ones. The red ones are good producers, but we've had nothing but issues with them getting sick and one even broke its leg some how. She told me what these chick's are but I can't remember. I know they she said they arnt the stupid red chickens. I could have done without the rooster, he acts like a jerk once and he's gonna die. Actually hoping the lady doesn't know how to sex chick's and he's a hen.

That will have a fella looking for a way to mount a hatchet holder on his splitter! I also made a stop block for my splitter with a 2" deep slot in it for the wedge. Being able to push the wedge 2" past the bottom of the piece of wood made a big difference on how many time I needed a hatchet! Good burning wood tho, that stringy stuff!
I thought you were responding to the post above yours :rolleyes::lol:.
Tell me I'm not the only one lol.

You don't know me very well lol.
If I could have a 100 bucks for every time I heard that or that it can't be done, or you'll never find one in this good of condition :rolleyes:.

Pretty cool actually.
I really was ribbing @Sawdust Man , knew he'd fall for it:laughing:.
What I want to get is a semi with a mag instead of the tube's and bolts I currently have. I do have one semi that takes a mag, it's a Taurus PT-22, bot really the most accurate at 50yrds lol. I almost bought a Nice ruger 10/22 that had been worked over a bit; Kidd barrel aftermarket stock aftermarket trigger..., It was pretty much what I wanted, but unfortunately the timing wasn't right. I need to stay focused on the barn! Dollar wise that is, but I plan on doing a bunch of splitting the next few weeks before it gets too hot out and the mosquitoes start trying to carry you away.
My buddy/neighbor did get the outlets and covers installed in the shop :happy:. Need the trim finished and a few other personal touches, then some carpet tiles and I can start filling it up. Oh yeah, and figure out what lights I'm going to use and install them too.
View attachment 1161061
My MN retirement home will probably be a barndominimum-that would be perfect living quarters!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. My dads Camry took a dump on the way home from work the other week and I just now got around to going over there and checking it out with him after hauling it home. Not even really sure how this happened but this is what I saw in #6 cylinder.......... guess it lost 1 valve for some reason and that one took the rest out, there was one valve head that was crammed into the valve seat sideways......... I couldn't get the scope turned around to see it real well, the 4th valve survived somehow.
View attachment 1161143View attachment 1161144
He said when it quit it didn't really make any noise, he was just coasting down a hill and went to hit the brakes and realized he had no power assist, looked down and it was not running. Tired to start it up and she was locked up tighter than a drum. I get there and he tries it again and it actually started but sounded like an old 6.2 diesel hitting on a 0 degree day so we shut it down and loaded it up (we did not know what was wrong at that point.

My parents have owned this car since it was brand new and I think the picture showing the valve train tells that my dad maintained it religiously as it had 256k miles on it. Never really drove it hard either, my mom babied this thing when it was her daily driver, and if I didn't know my dad I would say he was lying and actually giving her the beans when this happened, but I can guarantee that he was not.
Dang.
How's the body, you can get a JDM engine pretty cheap, screw fixing that motor.

My MN retirement home will probably be a barndominimum-that would be perfect living quarters!
Right. You don't know how many times I've already been asked who's moving in there, and I don't even have running water in the re yet, yet ;).
Barndominiums are actually a pain to build, not the best cost per sqft, and can be difficult to get insurance on in many areas.

Right. You don't know how many times I've already been asked who's moving in there, and I don't even have running water in the re yet, yet ;).
Barndominiums are actually a pain to build, not the best cost per sqft, and can be difficult to get insurance on in many areas.
Difficult to insure as a home or a garage?

Dang.
How's the body, you can get a JDM engine pretty cheap, screw fixing that motor.
Rest of the car is in good shape, we had just done the timing belt and water pump on that one less than 5k miles ago...................

I am looking for a used engine, I am not sure what he wants to do, I would slap a known running engine in it and send it on to someone else lol

Sam (15) made these darts today.......
Steel points, oak bodies, and chopped up sheetrock corners for wings (or whatever they're called).View attachment 1161066
Cool project!

The "wings" are known as "Flights." At least they were when I haunted the dart boards in the early 80s with my titanium, weight balanced, darts. I still have the darts... though they could stand new tips. It turns out that letting girls in the bars use your darts is not good for the darts as they often hit things other than the board... Those errant hits create burrs on the tips that needed to be dressed. It was all in good fun all the same. 😉

I have been thinking about doing something similar in order to let the wedge pass through the bottom of the log. Do you have any pictures that you would be willing to share? Thanks!!

I have been thinking about doing something similar in order to let the wedge pass through the bottom of the log. Do you have any pictures that you would be willing to share? Thanks!!
I just drop a 4x6 on the beam, you can push the wedge right to it and cut the fibers. But, if I don't have to split elm, I'm happier yet :).

Rest of the car is in good shape, we had just done the timing belt and water pump on that one less than 5k miles ago...................

I am looking for a used engine, I am not sure what he wants to do, I would slap a known running engine in it and send it on to someone else lol
What yr is it.
You should have a very good and cheaper selection of jdm engines available since you are near the ports.
Later tonight I can look up more info for you.

Cool project!

The "wings" are known as "Flights." At least they were when I haunted the dart boards in the early 80s with my titanium, weight balanced, darts. I still have the darts... though they could stand new tips. It turns out that letting girls in the bars use your darts is not good for the darts as they often hit things other than the board... Those errant hits create burrs on the tips that needed to be dressed. It was all in good fun all the same. 😉
Did you get to pierce any nipples with them there darts?🤣

Latest posts

Back