Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worked veterans day to have today off. Planned on spending the day at the scrounge site. Didn't work out as planned, had to look at cars for the wife this morning. Then got called into work for an hour. I did get there but it was about 2:30. So I cut down and loaded up one white oak, and a red. The red is much heavier, see all the water in the stump.

Attachments

• 20151113_144938.jpg
    20151113_144938.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 62
  • 20151113_162812.jpg
    20151113_162812.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 63
  • 20151113_162835.jpg
    20151113_162835.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 54
the other thing i did today was saw up a tree that fell across the road just below me a couple hundred yards. another guy i know called me and said bring your saw. till i got there a county sheriff was there directing traffic around it. about 5-6 cuts and we had it off the road. till we were done we had the PA hiway dept and a state trooper there.:crazy2:

That is one of my chainsaw fantasies! "Never fear folks, I've got this"

Well , one of my Bil's is on his was to his first scrounge , the Fil gave him 3 cord of dry hardwood .
The Bil borrowed one of my trailer hitches and rented a U-Haul enclosed trailer and is on the way with his 2013 Dodge Ram .
I had to install the hitch in his receiver , explain to him about what **** weighs and how little he can put it the trailer , he said no worries , put some more in the bed of the truck , the Fil knows all .
I said my piece , nobody would listen , should be interesting , about a 400 mile round trip for free wood with a gasser hauling an enclosed trailer up and down many hills , never hauled a trailer and has his truck sold on Tuesday .

Well , one of my Bil's is on his was to his first scrounge , the Fil gave him 3 cord of dry hardwood .
The Bil borrowed one of my trailer hitches and rented a U-Haul enclosed trailer and is on the way with his 2013 Dodge Ram .
I had to install the hitch in his receiver , explain to him about what **** weighs and how little he can put it the trailer , he said no worries , put some more in the bed of the truck , the Fil knows all .
I said my piece , nobody would listen , should be interesting , about a 400 mile round trip for free wood with a gasser hauling an enclosed trailer up and down many hills , never hauled a trailer and has his truck sold on Tuesday .
That's a long haul for 3 cords of wood. Truck a half or three quarter ton?

1/2 ton Ram , they wouldn't listen to me when I said I wouldn't do it with the Ef2fiddy diesel .
I told him to rent the 3ton diesel U-Haul , they thot I was foolish .
That's a helluva haul with a 1/2 ton. Hilly highways/roads just compound things. If an automatic, hope he turns the O/D off and switch it into Haul or Tow Mode if so equipped. If he's got a Hemi, I'd hate to see that round trip gas bill.

Latest posts

Back