Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided that big 40" by 13' Oak Log was too much of a problem to mill, and I have other (smaller) Oak & Hickory to mill, so my Dr Al 460 got the 36" bar and cut it all to length. It also noodled some of the rounds with the 24" bar.

Also used my Smittybuilt 046 to mill some of that smaller Oak log. I cut it to only 12" wide and milled 2 boards, works a lot better than trying to make 19" wide boards.

Did some vertical splitting also, but no pics of that.
Jeez, those rounds must weigh a ton! Even a half after noodling must go 150 or better!

I dunno, can pull a three foot bar....never know when you might need to noodle a whole tree...
The thing is I already have the 2186 which although more powerful is also heavier.

If I cut more big wood I'd get a 395 and the 7910 would be a great "tweener" saw to close the gap between 60 and 95 cc lol.

I decided that big 40" by 13' Oak Log was too much of a problem to mill, and I have other (smaller) Oak & Hickory to mill, so my Dr Al 460 got the 36" bar and cut it all to length. It also noodled some of the rounds with the 24" bar.

Also used my Smittybuilt 046 to mill some of that smaller Oak log. I cut it to only 12" wide and milled 2 boards, works a lot better than trying to make 19" wide boards.

Did some vertical splitting also, but no pics of that.
Wow Mike that's some big wood, very nice, that square file makes good noodles. I was wondering how you moved them too!

Wow Mike that's some big wood, very nice, that square file makes good noodles. I was wondering how you moved them too!
Yeah once you get into magnum sized wood like that the work really starts! My large rounds at 6-8 splits per seem pretty paltry compared to 40" wood.

Was at the mall with my wife and she was looking at yet another purse. I made a comment and she got into a discourse about why she needed all these different purses. I replied with exactly why I need 5 chainsaws. The store lady perked up and added that she owned 3 saws and that that should be the minimum.
Purse store lady - 1
Wife - 0

Was at the mall with my wife and she was looking at yet another purse. I made a comment and she got into a discourse about why she needed all these different purses. I replied with exactly why I need 5 chainsaws. The store lady perked up and added that she owned 3 saws and that that should be the minimum.
Purse store lady - 1
Wife - 0
lol plus your wife will probably never shop at that store again!

Purse store lady - 1
Wife - 0

Is the store lady married because she may need to post a profile on here...I'm sure they can make a section for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still working on this cut for the wood lot .

IMG_20160924_102646.jpg

One thing about winching and clearing is that you have to go back and trim up your stumps so that the end of what your winching has a chance to ride up and over it .

IMG_20160924_150849.jpg

IMG_20160924_150858.jpg

But it doesn't always work , sometimes when you try and winch logs that you are changing direction they can get caught and break in two or this hitch got stopped dead because that 5" butt got hooked in a 6" stump .

IMG_20160924_165002.jpg

It was sunny today and mid 60's got lots cut and some wood winched so it was a good day :)

IMG_20160924_144559.jpg

IMG_20160924_170247.jpg

IMG_20160924_170310.jpg

Latest posts

Back