Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct. Also, and maybe just as important, you need to have a setting tool. This bends the teeth outward to add "set" to the blade. Without the correct set it can be razor sharp and not cut.
The teeth should already be set unless he hit something, unless I’m missing something.

I see that there is $1.00 difference in MSRP between the Husqvarna Scarlett and Maxi blades and the pictures look identical. What is the difference? 22 teeth on both.

That would be much easier to sharpen than the 80 tooth Echo blade I have. I wondered why the performance was not impressive (on a unit bought used) and looked at my blade and a new one and considered if mine was sharpenable. I bough a new blade and it performs well.

I see that there is $1.00 difference in MSRP between the Husqvarna Scarlett and Maxi blades and the pictures look identical. What is the difference? 22 teeth on both.

That would be much easier to sharpen than the 80 tooth Echo blade I have. I wondered why the performance was not impressive (on a unit bought used) and looked at my blade and a new one and considered if mine was sharpenable. I bough a new blade and it performs well.
From what I can see by doing a google search they are different blades but very similar in appearance. A few guys say they liked the Maxi better. I have always bought the Maxi.

don't think he would be able to hold that heavy 038 AND his cane. :omg:
Chainsaw.jpg
That's awesome, when did they start making prosthetic saws:laughing:.
That would be a great present for the guy who has everything, but a hand o_O.
Look at the picture closely pretty sure someone got crazy in photoshop :badpc:.

I got a parts 288xp for a $1 at auction where someone stopped the stroke with a rope and locked it into the exhaust port. Never seen that before.
That's crazy, I'll give you $2 and pay shipping lol. Glad you were able to get that bad boy going, are you liking it.

I was going to say I use a small piece of rope myself, I like to fold it in half that way when I remove it I know for sure there is nothing left in the cylinder.

That's crazy, I'll give you $2 and pay shipping lol. Glad you were able to get that bad boy going, are you liking it.

I was going to say I use a small piece of rope myself, I like to fold it in half that way when I remove it I know for sure there is nothing left in the cylinder.

Somebody had hacked on it so the piston is shot. Cylinder is good once I time sert the plug threads. Crank is tight. Probably just keep it around for spare stuff. Oil pump was junk so I am assuming they were taking off the clutch to replace that and got the rope stuck. I'd have to put a few hundred into it to get it running but since I have a runner already not a bad idea to have some parts on hand.

Somebody had hacked on it so the piston is shot. Cylinder is good once I time sert the plug threads. Crank is tight. Probably just keep it around for spare stuff. Oil pump was junk so I am assuming they were taking off the clutch to replace that and got the rope stuck. I'd have to put a few hundred into it to get it running but since I have a runner already not a bad idea to have some parts on hand.
Sounds like a plan, they are good old saws:chainsaw:.

Can you sell the 058 bar and then buy a new 050 one, would save you a few bucks over buying a new one in 050 and buying the saw PHO(does take a bit more time though). If the price is close I think the stihl bars are better than the Oregon/huskys and the adapters work well if you buy a good one.

Well i just looked and could buy 20" husqvarna 3/8 x1.5mm bar to fit the 365 for £29. so since i can get chains on amazon for £13 its not actually much of a deal to get the bar with the saw....definitely not worth buying, selling the bar, and changing to a stihl.

over here i can find adapters for £12. stihl bars 20" 3/8 by 1.6mm rollomatic bars are £36, and a stihl chain (i know i don't have to fit stihl chain, but just giving the info) £19. Would you believe....i can't find a stihl rollomatic e 20" 1.3mm? it look like anything over 16" is 1.6mm over here.

I have a small preference for thinner as it leads to a smaller pile of chips to rake up and bin/compost, but accept stihl are higher quality....but also higher price. As a guy with no experience i can only go on what i read, but get the feeling husky is ok quality, and ok for the money. stihl is better, and maybe slightly better value? I'm open to be convinced, but currently th husky bar looks to lead.

They are flimsy. They will bend. I read it in the manual but I have never seen a setting tool. I will have to look into that.
I have an older one that is a separate tool. Google turns up that the file holder and setting gauge are now available as one unit. Hopefully the pic works. The setting part is at the top of the pic.
s-l500.jpg

Latest posts

Back