Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Wife took some pics of our Dogs today. Linus at 7 is still looking great (and acts like he is 6 mos), Lucy at 12 is getting grey in the face, but is still the protector!

Attachments

• Lucy-Linus00405.JPG
    Lucy-Linus00405.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 9
  • Lucy-Close00405.JPG
    Lucy-Close00405.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • Lucy00405.JPG
    Lucy00405.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
I had a 2003 4x4 ranger with the 4.0L

That truck was fun.

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
I cant bear to part with my 04 just yet, just riding the Tundra, Honda and Zuki Tank.
Ice should be ok on the big swamp for another week, the lil ones hopefully into may, just gonna keep landing loads where i dont have to switch between skis, pontoons and wheels just to get it home.
My son officially wears his helmet everytime hes driving something, likewise im wearing my ppe more often. Guess we either get smarter or just care more.

This is Harry's last posting in some time.

We haven't heard from Harry for about ten days now. He said he was feeling badly. He's in the early Covid-19 area and may be 80 years old or so.

Wishing Harry the best!

I've got a lot of catching up to do now that I am back amongst the living. I'll make this the update.

I was sitting around the house right after making the report fabout feeling lousy, phone rang and it was my doc ordering me to be in the ambulance he was sending and offf to the hopspital. Bottom line: He had prescribed a a sulfa drug for the minor leg infection I had. Turns out I am allergic to sulfas - it basically had killed my kidneys. Been in hospital on dialysis since above post and just released today. Kidn'ey's are back in operation and I should not need any more dialysis. I'm weak as a kitten but will be back on the saws before the week is out. Right now I don't think I could even pick up the 441.
I've got a few doc appointments in dthe morrning but expect to be standing at the vice sharpening chains in the afternoorn.

Ah, yes, I celebrated my 85th while watching a dialysis machine.

Believe it!!!

Yup the payload on them is killer now!!!

I have YET to get it to squat past level. I will need some green wet oak stacked tight and high to do that.

I really like the truck

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/...a/US/product/2019/ranger/19RAN_Tech_Specs.pdf

398c77823e32e9563574a2368ef15dbc.jpg

With the towing package the new Ranger has 7,300 pound capacity with something like 270 lbs of torque. It's definitely very capable, and the 2020 model year close out will be tempting. Suppose to get a redesign for 2021.

I've got a lot of catching up to do now that I am back amongst the living. I'll make this the update.

I was sitting around the house right after making the report fabout feeling lousy, phone rang and it was my doc ordering me to be in the ambulance he was sending and offf to the hopspital. Bottom line: He had prescribed a a sulfa drug for the minor leg infection I had. Turns out I am allergic to sulfas - it basically had killed my kidneys. Been in hospital on dialysis since above post and just released today. Kidn'ey's are back in operation and I should not need any more dialysis. I'm weak as a kitten but will be back on the saws before the week is out. Right now I don't think I could even pick up the 441.
I've got a few doc appointments in dthe morrning but expect to be standing at the vice sharpening chains in the afternoorn.

Glad to see you back !!!

Danger ranger! Getin it done!!

The wife said “lets use my truck today.”

I know her plan. She well get a truck wash afterwards [emoji23]. This thing may not hold much (though the 1500lbs payload is nice) but is sure dosnt sink in the mud like my Truck

3 load with it today and it hardly broke through the first few inches of mud.

f722a1375e4d964ebcaede75d7ab5423.plist

Been trying to talk the wife into one of those. She says we don't need a 3rd truck.:dumb2:

Good to hear you're picking up. Go easy to begin with, young fella. Happy birthday too! Remember, it has been scientifically proven that people who have more birthdays live longer :cheers:

Glad your back sir and on the mend. Belated Happy birthday.

Wool whoop! Having only recently stopped double stove operations on an ad-hoc basis as winter was coming to an end, Spring arrived with a blaze of glory this weekend, wall too wall sunshine and 20C. I built a little assault course in the garden for my girls to play while we adhered to the lockdown (unlike a lot of covidiots that went to the beaches and parks by the thousands. :mad: )
Girls happy, wife and I happy, all safe and....I didn't need to light a stove for the first time in 5 months! Yay :rock:. It'll be on and off single stove use for about another month now until I can sweep the flues and forget about the stoves for the Summer. I'll have burnt 9m³ or about 2.5 cord, and mum another 3m³ or just under a cord, pretty much exactly half my stack. Not sure how the replenishment efforts will go this year what with covid, but after my pine score on top of my Oak/chestnut/cypress score I'm well ahead of where I usually am at this point.... With stacks of wood needing bucking and splitting all over the place. I am well provisioned for lockdown entertainment and exercise!
Scrounge on guys!

Wow! That's scary stuff. Glad your Doc was able to get ahold of you & straighten things out. What time do I drop of my chains to be sharpened? ;)

Been trying to talk the wife into one of those. She says we don't need a 3rd truck.:dumb2:
I've toyed with replacing the car & truck with a Ranger but there's something about that 94 F250 turbo diesel without an iota of computerized anything on it that I just can't seem to let go of :(

Eek! Don't over do it, build your strength up gently, I've heard there's some nasty stuff found around at the moment.

Welcome back and get well soon!

They are nice. Plenty of truck capabilities in that thing. It is FAST when you want to play. Lots of low end power. Rides like a 1/2 ton in a way but a little smoother. Has a rear diff lock. Gets around in the woods really good.

I wont lie. If my truck (3500, crew cab, long bed) died on me tomorrow i would definitely consider one. Even over a 1/2 ton. I would absolutely be giving up some capabilities but gain some important ones too. The biggest complaint I have about my truck is it’s too dang heavy and sinks in the mud.

Now is the time to buy if you can afford it!! Cars are not selling so deals could be made.

Harry, it's wonderful to see you back. With all this Covid running around, they had a 66 patient out break 5 miles down the road from me, I'm hanging tight. Just before the lock down I got 6 trailer loads of Oak logs, 20" to 30". So, I'm hanging tight and splitting and stacking wood. Maybe I can shed a few pounds and get in better shape. I want to catch up to you in birthdays. Feel better fast.

My daughter is an OT at a nursing home. She is also a RN. Since there is no therapy now, she's working as a RN. They just drew straws to see who has to work with the Covid patients. She got the short straw. She's waiting for her PPE to come in before she can work with the patients. The N95 does not meet specs for her role. I used to be a HazMat responder for UPS and was certified in the use of SCBA equipment. I still have a duel cartridge respirator that I'm wearing to the store where I actually get close to people. Outside I don't use anything. If you have N95 masks, wear them. Just don't get the false sense of security that they protect you. They keep you from spraying others if you cough. Keep your distance even if you have a mask on, if they cough on you, the Covid can still get in. Just like driving, if you tailgate, sooner of later you are going to bump into someone. Avoid the attack, stay back!

Back