Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xactly!!! And you don't have to believe me, just ask FS!!!
Okay, I'll ask lol.
What do you think Steve :ices_rofl:.
LOL!

Seems like a great price. Those made by Oregon? Any good?
Right LOL.
You guys know I like lots of brands of saws, just prefer the angled top, handle spring AV, good air filtration, side tensioners(SVK :p), and flippy caps(huskys best).
Yes, Oregon and they are good, I have a few ;).

Had a couple friends that said Milk Snake. I'm going to do a Milk Snake search before I say no, and give others a chance. They are seen a lot in southern MD and VA, but not very often in Western MD. They live in the South East and the lower half of the US heading West. I checked, not a Milk Snake, they are a member of the King Snake family. This guy is a member of the Rat Snake family and is a constrictor, squeezes it's dinner first.

I found one of these guys in my neighbors dog kennel two days ago. I thought it was a milk snake also but turns out it was a member of the king snake family too.
becbd1871c2f987337122e2fe88cf1f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is getting to be depressing. No wood cutting here. My truck went south and it's beyond repair and I can't find any log length for sale around here at a good price. My firewood guy died this spring so everything is up in the air. It is getting bad out here in Western MA, all the wood goes to processors and gets debarked and kiln dried to sell out Boston way. I want another truck but I don't dare do another payment, just back from a lay off so I am being careful for now.

I found one of these guys in my neighbors dog kennel two days ago. I thought it was a milk snake also but turns out it was a member of the king snake family too.
becbd1871c2f987337122e2fe88cf1f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just did another search on the corn snake. The say they live 8 years in the wild and up to 57 in captivity. Some where I read that the arrowhead shape on top of their head is an identifier. I think they are more common down your way, they are pretty rare around hear.

I can't say I'm familiar with the details, but perhaps their assets are expected to make investors whole after the liquidation.
Yeah but which investors. Equity is generally wiped out or severly impared isn't it? I mean equity is way down the totem pole and if there were enough assets to make even shareholders whole, what's the point of the bankruptcy again? I must be missing something because it seems to me anyone buying new shares if Hertz is allowed to sell, may as well just hand their money directly to secured debt holders who I'd argue won't mind at all because when the music stops it's the equity holders who'll be without any chairs.

Why did Hertz file for bankruptcy? I've not bothered to read into it but the common reason is not a business that isn't making a profit, it's usually a debt that can't be paid due to lack of cash. If that is the case with Hertz, perhaps the debtors will agree to wait is Hertz raises cash? Hence the shares?

Several storms recently brought windfalls to the community. I have enough trees I don't have to scrounge for my wood. Craigslist locally is loaded with "come take this tree" ads. But, I find plenty of folks who want wood, aren't equipped either mechanically, or physically to handle the trees. I've still sold several cord in the past couple weeks. I did do one remote sawing job - for my Daughter and Son-in-Law. A nice large Maple blew over. The top of it took out three sections of their neighbor's horse fence. I spent one evening limbing out the top and replacing several rails. The horses (all three retired) seemed only casually interested in the noise of the saws, and not at all interested in an escape route from their home.

IMG_7783.jpg

Had a great dinner, and back the next day with a bigger saw:

IMG_7795.jpg

There is a slope in the lawn at this point, so I kind of kick-rolled them to the fence line where my SIL intends to split and stack this wood. I'm not sure he has a firm grasp of just how much wood this tree is going to make.

IMG_7798.jpg

But, I have learned to let kids (34) make their own discoveries. Back on the saw, and I got to this last cut before the single trunk:

IMG_7799.jpg

Home again to change out to a bigger bar. Probably could use a bigger saw, but this is the extent of my arsenal.

I'm not sure what type maple it is. It is non-typical for the woods in this area, but this one was definitely not planted as a landscape project. I'll try to get better picture of some leaves later today. This picture doesn't help much, but that is the tree there behind the cab of the little excavator, you can see the bird house on it:

IMG_6210.jpg

Picture from two summers ago when they had to add some storm water retention to a deck project. T

Latest posts

Back