Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m surprised that my can(s) of gas have never been jacked.

I look forward to the day that I do get a gas thief cause he’s second theft is going to be full of sugar water.

I kept a nice red 5 gal can sitting right outside the garage for years, no takers. Very disappointed as the contents were a mix of gas, oil frm crankcasees, paint thinner and anything else of like nature.

We should electo-shock it and pack up all those Asian carp and ship them to North Korea. Maybe they wouldn't be forced to eat the family dog.
[/QUOTE]

I have always thought that there should be some sort of market for them, very easy to catch and lots of them. Dog/cat food or something.

I have always thought that there should be some sort of market for them, very easy to catch and lots of them. Dog/cat food or something.
[/QUOTE]
I believe there was a processing plant in Alton IL for a while. I think the smell was so bad, the local govt. shut them down. I'll have to check on that.

Definetly cooler today. Split n stacked 3 wheelbarrow loads so far. Should get a couple more after lunch.
Yes it was here in the Midwest, too. In the 60s to start the day; felt like 'Out West' weather with the low humidity. I took advantage of it by starting out at 7:00A and decided to split all of the Hackberry that was on my drive. Took the load in the trailer down the hill too and was done in 4 hours.
IMG_9722.JPG

Free load of cherry and locust about 2 miles from home. The property owner had the dropped it was up to me to cut em up. Always fun running the 021 and 028 super.
I prefer to cut them up myself. Some of the freebies that are cut are all different lengths; usually too short. Hard to stack.

Did I read right, you have FOUR 660s? Someone should teach you how to share.

Actually, it is more than that, and I just sold one last week. I have an 066 flat top, and 066 round top, an Asian 660 Big Bore, two more running Asian 660s and one that was running just fine that is apart to get some performance enhancements.

So, I went from 7 to 6, but have a buyer who wants two, so I'm feeling a bit short on them to be honest with you.

I have 2 set up for the Alaska style mill, one set up for the Logosol Timberjig mill, one set up for Noodling and you always need a spare!

Actually, it is more than that, and I just sold one last week. I have an 066 flat top, and 066 round top, an Asian 660 Big Bore, two more running Asian 660s and one that was running just fine that is apart to get some performance enhancements.

So, I went from 7 to 6, but have a buyer who wants two, so I'm feeling a bit short on them to be honest with you.

I have 2 set up for the Alaska style mill, one set up for the Logosol Timberjig mill, one set up for Noodling and you always need a spare!
Always lol.
Doesn't hurt does it :).

Wow! I'd be in heaven if I just had one.

I can’t believe that all you guys that live in rural ares that have such an issue with theft. I live just outside Baltimore and DC. Maybe I’m just pushing my luck. But, if I need to run into a box store with gear in the back of the truck I just run in. My MS 290 truck saw and all of my Echo trimmers, pole saws and pole shears just sit in the back. A week ago I pulled off and left a full 5 gallon gas can in the middle of the handicapped parking spot. The only thing that had me worried is it’s an old steel can with the steel flex spout. That was at the animal clinic where I mow, and they close at 3 now. When I went back this week some one just moved it out of the space. I did have some one steel two old saws out of my front yard,, but, I later found out my neighbors grand son had a little crack habbit.

I can’t believe that all you guys that live in rural ares that have such an issue with theft. I live just outside Baltimore and DC. Maybe I’m just pushing my luck. But, if I need to run into a box store with gear in the back of the truck I just run in. My MS 290 truck saw and all of my Echo trimmers, pole saws and pole shears just sit in the back. A week ago I pulled off and left a full 5 gallon gas can in the middle of the handicapped parking spot. The only thing that had me worried is it’s an old steel can with the steel flex spout. That was at the animal clinic where I mow, and they close at 3 now. When I went back this week some one just moved it out of the space. I did have some one steel two old saws out of my front yard,, but, I later found out my neighbors grand son had a little crack habbit.
Who's gonna steal an ms290, Steve's saws were collectors items:laughing:.
Dang side tensioners lol.

Asian clones are cheap, and the kits even cheaper if you are willing to do the work. A little bit of port work and they run quite well.
Yes I've heard several of you here talk about them. Right now I just couldn't bring myself to buy something overseas. Besides no budget for a play toy until I get back to work.
On another not, I say a guy on CL with a 661 for $1000. I'm not considering it, but it brought to mind hing a guy on another forum said.
Basically, a Stihl model ending in a 'one' was not considered a professional saw, like this 661. What's the difference between a 660 and a 661?

Back