Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes , it was very different driving your LHD in Canada and USA when I was there in 2001, after 5 weeks I think I was worse pulling out in to oncoming traffic and always looking the wrong way. The people I've asked about driving LHD in Oz all say they like it but I don't believe them.
Our garbage trucks are LHD what about yours?
Not all but I have seen garbage trucks with left and right steering wheels. Seems it's for when only one person on the pickup route and and they drive with the LH side and get out to pick up the trash safely curbside.

The mutt saw was the choice yesterday . Got about 12 logs and a BUNCH of brush drug out of the woods for trail making.

df9d516519cccf2ec6173a0db03af198.jpg

e50da42af0cc3c95398c69ada740baff.jpg

2fdcd754ef06addd869c258185d74fe1.jpg

a2912ac6930bfdfa8b525ff020d759fa.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]

The mutt saw was the choice yesterday . Got about 12 logs and a BUNCH of brush drug out of the woods for trail making.

df9d516519cccf2ec6173a0db03af198.jpg

e50da42af0cc3c95398c69ada740baff.jpg

2fdcd754ef06addd869c258185d74fe1.jpg

a2912ac6930bfdfa8b525ff020d759fa.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my redline lubed RAM [emoji231]
Think I asked once before but I have CRS . The metal on the tail gate something you made or is it commercially available? Would be nice to have on the dodge

my favorite old husky is a 181 but i never can find one for sale second is a 394.
Those are nice saws for an older saw. The guys who know saw say the 281 is just as fast as the 288 until you get a 32 on and the 281 is easier to find that's not been beat to death.
I had a 288 one time, first 2 series saw I owned, I'd rather have a 390xp.
You just gotta start looking hard, you'll find one, 394/5's are easy to get, but I'd rather run a 660/661 with a side tensioner. Did you see that coming Steve :).
https://photos.app.goo.gl/f36YJsiB1NoKeXt8A

Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 10.25.10 AM.png

Nice saws. Thankfully those trees didn't fall on anything else.

Looks like cottonwood to me.
Thanks. It was a mess out here, we lost over 20 trees in the yard and then a few in the woods.
Not cottonwood, clue it's one of my favorites :sweet: ;).
Had a lazy weekend, didn't even go deer hunting. I did hang my first axe, which was fun. Hoping I can get some food processed this coming week, haven't run a saw much since @chipper1 was here.

I have at least 10 ash that were recently blown down, plus a couple honey locust that need cut up.
I can bring whatever you'd like me to when I stop out in the next week or so:chainsaw:.

Ch
Chestnut oaks grow like that around here. Always multiple trunks.
This one has a 12'+ main, then they were all over the place, I wonder if it had been damaged when it was young or even topped off, never seen one like this as they always have a main and then branches off that.
I don't see much chestnut around here, I had some a while back that a bunch of got punky pretty fast, not a wood I would seek out.

I've seen a few RHD Land Rovers over here. Not common, but every now and again you'll see them in some of the affluent neighborhoods where I sell firewood.
RHD is very rare here, but I did see a imported military style jeep with it a few years ago.

That F-150 looks cool, but I'm glad that I can speed shift the Mustang right handed! I think changing hands to shift and steer with would really screw me up after all these years!

Thanks. It was a mess out here, we lost over 20 trees in the yard and then a few in the woods.
Not cottonwood, clue it's one of my favorites :sweet: ;).

I can bring whatever you'd like me to when I stop out in the next week or so:chainsaw:.

Hmm, the bark doesn't look like locust. Oak?

Maybe bring that one 372, and you can leave it here for safe keeping.... LOL

I don't see much chestnut around here, I had some a while back that a bunch of got punky pretty fast, not a wood I would seek out.
He was talking about Chestnut Oak, which is in the White Oak Family (aka Rock Oak) and I will assure you it does not go punky fast, especially if it is off the ground, it will last for decades!

The sap wood rots and it gets real weathered looking, but the heart wood gets as hard as a rock and lasts for a long, long time.

He was talking about Chestnut Oak, which is in the White Oak Family (aka Rock Oak) and I will assure you it does not go punky fast, especially if it is off the ground, it will last for decades!

The sap wood rots and it gets real weathered looking, but the heart wood gets as hard as a rock and lasts for a long, long time.
Right, we've had this conversation before. It was on the ground, and no other wood rots that quickly here at the house other than box elder(the maple). As with most things, YMMV, glad its worked for you :).

Latest posts

Back