Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See below. :dumb2:

Yes they do!! At least to a creamsicle guy. I have to be careful. I got lambasted on another forum for joking with a guy about loctite even after I complimented him on his new Hoosky. :surprised3:
Better watch that loctite joke I had to use some on the muffler bolts on my 192tc stihl lol

See below. :dumb2:

Yes they do!! At least to a creamsicle guy. I have to be careful. I got lambasted on another forum for joking with a guy about loctite even after I complimented him on his new Hoosky. :surprised3:
:laughing:.
So he also had a stihl he used loctite on:innocent:.
Shoot, if they can't take a joke then maybe they should get off the internet :yes:. At least the soy boy had a husky:cheers:.

I run them all, but when it comes to handling I prefer the huskys.
I have a 661 I should set up with a 24x404x semi chisel for flush cutting and dirty wood. I have a bunch of semi chisel 20x3/8 I could do on it as well I guess. It would have been nice to have one on my 365 special today, the chain just stopped cutting, even got to smoking:cry:, but I got it done:laughing:.
Look at the spot on the left side of the picture, I cut right thru the frozen dirt, maybe that's why it stopped cutting lol.
View attachment 878290
Here it is cleaned out.
View attachment 878291
Talk dirty to me...

LOL

Got the collection together. Have a few more cant remember where I put them.
20201228_175922.jpg
Puma white hunter
Ka-bar
Western
Winchester cheapo (actually very good knife for being cheap steel)
20201228_180106.jpg
Cold steel outdoorsman
No name from my wifes grandfather.
20201228_180138.jpg
The old timer kit from my brother.
16091966146672615780184871752531.jpg

My Kershaw EDC knife.

1fdad7ded2e02425cb20634e35f0d17b.jpg

9b15ec33762f3f2ebcce9c5e9ec90d9d.jpg

e4cbeeb824abf69085ccd310bd4ed417.jpg

3 loads from a Road side thinning project in my fire district
a621e7ed84e28da2a744282d5ee345f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They look like Aussie gum trees, Where about are you?

Every Day Carry.
I just have a little folding knife that came with a bunch of climbing gear I bought, it was in the toolbox with some chains and other tools.

I quit carrying knives and multi tools a long time ago, kept losing them.

You'll laugh. Our knife laws are strict as well as our gun laws. It is illegal to carry ANY fixed or locking blade without a valid reason, or a folding blade 3" or larger. That sort of limited EDC. I have a sak on my keyring. I'm not really an EDC guy, but it's the to open boxes and such, and does that fine.
Sounds like what America will be here in about 22 days.

@farmer steve , let me know I’ll make the drive!

This *was* my EDC for over 25 years until some crazy policies and an overzealous security guard modified my behavior. Still carry it most places. I use it for everything, including many emergency repairs where it was the only tool available. Shhhh... it's not a leatherman, but I've worn out 3 cases so I use what I have left. I like the design and I'm kind of attached to it now. Craftsman stopped making them at least 20 years ago and would replace them with something else if you broke it. Let my buddy use it at the scrapyard one day and he was using it like a prybar! He said so what, they'll replace it if it breaks. Told him to cut it out because I didn't want a replacement.
20201228_181842.jpg

Sounds like what America will be here in about 22 days.

@farmer steve , let me know I’ll make the drive!
I think I asked before, where bouts in MD are you. Might be able to drive up together. Stop off and pick up Multifaceted on the way. I should have my Super 1050 with a 45" bar and half inch chain ready by spring.

Since it's snowing and blowing in Jingle Bell square, I am piddling around in the garage. Sharpened my go to pocket knife then a few others. These three are my go to knives for pocket, hunting and fishing. The Case was given to me by a friend over 20 years ago. It holds an edge well and is still tight. What's everyone's go to pocket knife and why?//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201228/fb305740c877c0468108b67df75e4cad.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201228/8905b62156d650bc70e29fca38414549.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201228/7f3a3d2293abc5b4353976e45b95c011.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
I keep this one in my truck. Used it bout a half hour ago to cut up a red onion, a jalapeño and a couple slices of Swiss cheese to go on my ham sandwich for dinner. It's fileted it's share of fish over the years also.

Attachments

• 20201228_201121.jpg
    20201228_201121.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
Got the collection together. Have a few more cant remember where I put them.
View attachment 878309
Puma white hunter
Ka-bar
Western
Winchester cheapo (actually very good knife for being cheap steel)
View attachment 878310
Cold steel outdoorsman
No name from my wifes grandfather.
View attachment 878311
The old timer kit from my brother.
View attachment 878312

My Kershaw EDC knife.
I have a Ka-bar just like yours. It was issued to my grandfather during WW2.

I have a Ka-bar just like yours. It was issued to my grandfather during WW2.
Very cool to know the history of your ka-bar. Makes you wonder where it's been, and what its seen. Mine was another I got from my wifes grandfather. It was special to him, never told me the reason, but made me promise to pass it down and not get rid if it. When my son is old enough to hunt, it will become his.

My grandfather is still alive. He was captured and spent a couple years in a Japanese pow camp. To this day, he still does not talk about what he saw or went through.
Very cool to know the history of your ka-bar. Makes you wonder where it's been, and what its seen. Mine was another I got from my wifes grandfather. It was special to him, never told me the reason, but made me promise to pass it down and not get rid if it. When my son is old enough to hunt, it will become his.

Latest posts

Back