Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CBnXYJQ.jpeg

fyEG9sX.jpeg

q9k8wKl.jpeg

WfEZrUt.jpeg

YwZylk3.jpeg
wLCpOsV.jpeg

WD2x5Ev.jpeg

That's a few pics from the weekend gig .
I should have taken some befores.
The grounds guys do the chipping , they don't like how much work I make for them , they can't keep up along with their regular work.
The grounds guys take the harwood home along with some Spruce .
They pile what they don't want at the entrance for the patrons to take what they want .
The birdhouses had to be unscathed and the spruce had 3 dead leaders plus branches above it .
Cutting along a fenceline sucks .

C62dtVY.jpeg

60 gallons of mix through the KM110, FS550 and the 241 to date .

Looks like chilly mornings on dancans end of Canada. Here in the People's Republic of Ontario it was a balmy 24°C with a humidex of 29. That's 75 or so Fahrenheit. Not exactly wood weather in my book.
One of my boys got a job that requires him to pull a trailer so we did some trailer training today. Harvested my apples this weekend. A friend was pressing some so we joined in on the fun and got some juice out of our windfalls and seconds. My daughter and I on the left and my friend Lou operating the press. Best apple juice ever!
eaaffa29d2d6d47b26e44e0a2ca8cbf7.jpg
55c5ce97f289bc40d80f2df533b712d6.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

I cringe seeing that nice bar doing a stump cut though lol
I used that to plunge in from the clean side, because it was a 28 and the saw was already wearing it, then I cut out on the dirty side throwing the dirt out of the cut. Then I used my 440 with an old beat up 24 and a stumping chain(last sharpening) to finish it off. The chain on the husky is still sharp and ready to cut, the stihl chain is going in the trash. Another thing, I wouldn't have been able to cut the road side as close with a wrap handle saw.
That being said, if I had to do it I would just do it, especially if it's for a client. Normally I bring two 70cc saws along when I'm going to be flush cutting so I can keep the pretties pretty :yes:.
Hopefully I can list a few nice ones and a few not as nice ones to get some more cash for the barn, everything to get up to the trusses came today :envy:.

Found (and killed)my first lantern fly Saturday. Was hoping it was a fluke as it was right next to the road and hoped it fell off of a vehicle. It was kind of lethargic even though it wasn't cold. Anyway relocated 3 more today. I have some of the recommended sprays in my arsenal so I hope I can keep them somewhat under control.
Not a ton in my county Steve (Delaware). Maybe saw 3-4 total this year? Nothing compared to last year, that’s for sure.

I finished splitting all of the splittable silvertop ash (which is not an ash but a eucalypt) before I left my parents' place on Sunday. There were a few noodleables left that Dad was going to tend to. He finished stacking yesterday. That's how scrounging should be - do the cutting and splitting and someone else does the loading and stacking.

13th Oct 2.jpg

13th Oct 1.jpg

Nice! Produce prices been ok, have they FS? Can't wait for the review!
That's a lot of d@mn pepper picking Cowboy. Might be a bit for the review. Gonna be extra warm the next couple of days and I have lots to get ready for the local farmer's fair.

Latest posts

Back