Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like to try one of these on my property. I have lots of downed trees that I need to get up a decent sized hill. Northern Tool has a smaller one and I'm very tempted to pick it up. This one pictured is more like $2k. Anyone ever used the Northern Tool arch? Log Arch
I seen a guy use one works pretty good. Almost got 1. The old man is a northern tool fanatic. We decided to go with a set of 3pt forks for the Ford tractor

Had some bad wind and rain come in at 2:00, was beautiful this morning, then this happened (took the pics right before it came down).

My wife's 65th birthday is on Wed, so we will celebrate it tonight by going out to dinner with some family. Next Sat is Opening Day, so I told her we had to do it early!

Attachments

• IMG_20211113_135435807_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211113_135435807_HDR.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20211113_135449911.jpg
    IMG_20211113_135449911.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20211113_135456468.jpg
    IMG_20211113_135456468.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Cricket: Would a log arch work? One that you can lift the log without dragging.View attachment 940967
It would have - except he had it cut up between the time I said I'd do it, and the next time I got back there. It's all in about 16" thick rounds - some of it 28" across - and still in the same awkward position.

In a fit of some kind of stupid, I sold my old Bobcat (by "old", I mean it was still badged "Melroe") a few years back - found one to rent for next weekend. I'm 66, 5' tall, and beat up from forty years of shoeing horses - I'm going for the least physical method I can come up with that won't actually land me in the ravine, and that looks like it.

Damn I miss that old Bobcat though.

They had unloaded crossbows . One guy got a little heated till he saw the .40 S&W under my flannel shirt . Not that I brandished it but was going for my cell phone in my pants back pocket . When the DEP came he told him I was carrying I know 99% of the cops he just said to the guy" So what's your point?"
"When the DEP came he told him I was carrying"

I know the rules vary by state, but, on your own property, would it have mattered anyway? (Even if the guy complaining *wasn't* trespassing?)

Just wondering how clearly this demonstrated he was an idiot...

In NY if you have a pistol (no matter where) you need to have a permit, can't legally own it w/o one.

In NYC, you need a permit even to own a 22 rifle, and you have to pay an annual fee to maintain your permit, which is why very few law abiding folks in NYC own guns.

There is currently a law suit in the Supreme Court that was brought by NYS Rifle + Pistol Assn (I'm a member) that will hopefully change things a bit. In part, it alleges that the laws were intended to keep minorities from owning guns.

he had it cut up between the time I said I'd do it, and the next time I got back there. It's all in about 16" thick rounds - some of it 28" across - and still in the same awkward position.
Maybe a HD plastic sled / toboggan and some rope? Maybe a few pulleys to redirect? Then, maybe a winch, or hooked up to any vehicle?

Just guessing without seeing.

Philbert

"When the DEP came he told him I was carrying"

I know the rules vary by state, but, on your own property, would it have mattered anyway? (Even if the guy complaining *wasn't* trespassing?)

Just wondering how clearly this demonstrated he was an idiot...
Like Mike said you cant have a pistol in your possession without a permit no matter where you are .

In NY if you have a pistol (no matter where) you need to have a permit, can't legally own it w/o one.

In NYC, you need a permit even to own a 22 rifle, and you have to pay an annual fee to maintain your permit, which is why very few law abiding folks in NYC own guns.

There is currently a law suit in the Supreme Court that was brought by NYS Rifle + Pistol Assn (I'm a member) that will hopefully change things a bit. In part, it alleges that the laws were intended to keep minorities from owning guns.
The powers at be dont get the fact that if you restrict firearms all you do is leave the law abiding citizens unarmed and the criminals armed. The whole process is out of hand I think prior to 86 all you needed was the local sherriff or police chief to sign off on a pistol permit after your background ck. Now it goes to a judge who decides if you get the "privilage" to own and carry a sidearm.

One aspect 9f the law suit is that it infringes on the constitutional right to own firearms. The permit application even has a question as to why you want a carry.

The powers at be dont get the fact that if you restrict firearms all you do is leave the law abiding citizens unarmed and the criminals armed. The whole process is out of hand I think prior to 86 all you needed was the local sherriff or police chief to sign off on a pistol permit after your background ck. Now it goes to a judge who decides if you get the "privilage" to own and carry a sidearm.

One aspect 9f the law suit is that it infringes on the constitutional right to own firearms. The permit application even has a question as to why you want a carry.
Many know exactly what happens when you restrict gun ownership, and they need to go, along with the tyrannical mandate "leader's ":buttkick:.
I hope they get their butts handed to them in court, it could set precedence and open up many new lawsuits.
The problem with restricting our constitutional rights is that many will find ways around their restrictions(leagally) and then they have to make more restrictions to cover those illegally made laws.

How've you been fellas?? Did some cutting, splitting and stacking today. Working on next years wood.

Worst thing about NY is you need a squeaky clean record too, a few mishaps in bars when you were a kid ruins it for you when your a 40 year old with a family.
I'm not sure that's the worst thing about New York :), but it is a bad aspect.

Latest posts

Back