Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dad's got a bum right shoulder, struggles with stuff that doesn't have one.
All my echos have been 3 pulls on choke, 1 to run.
I won't argue against a dolmar though. Even the big 7910 started easy with the decomp.
I buy echos cause they just work and you cant beat the price or heat your house any better with a more expensive brand.

Big oaks are risky. Always seem to be hollow.
I like the nice big chair ya made to keep it from kicking out in Ya. Did you noodle the vertical parts or just let it split on its way own after some wedges ?
Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]🛻
to be honest, i went one step further.... :rolleyes: i contracted it to an arborist team. :yes: got a deal, and they got the job. earned every cent! then i realized, omg! bigger job than i thot. so i upped the anty. they liked that!! lol. and so since more than i really wanted to f-with... i revamped the deal further... and they cut up all the rounds into quarters. moved it all to where it is in backyard. (neighbors) and cleaned up the area to my liking. the first crew i gave the job to, they no showed me, used them before, only would drop and cut. nada mas! glad they no showed me!! lol :cool: after grinding it out, one root was down under the fence... and so cut that down for me. guess they will sharpen that chain! :)

several cuts into the face... the < ended up more so like a [... then rope to truck and cut backside and she hit and shook the ground. prob over 1,000 #s and then some. lots of noodles from the quartering...
P1010120.JPGP1010121.JPG
they used Stihls and the all performed perfectly! never missed a beat... just made chips....

Hey all. I’m still alive. I see I missed 22 or so pages which is way too much reading to do. Had a busy week which included my sons birthday, taught a cooking class, watched two evenings of playoff basketball, and many other things. Oh and I’ve finally got a girlfriend and she’s a keeper (fingers crossed).

Picked up a new wood burning sauna stove too. I’m doing a little refurb on my sauna and am installing a wood stove next to the electric one. More photos to come on that project.

Birthday dinner (plus homemade apple pie)
View attachment 974703

New Kuuma stove
View attachment 974704
Sounds like lots of good news, been wondering where you were.
I've considered a kuzma for the house for yrs, would be nice to tie something into the ductwork here and to help heat the basement a little to.
Look forward to hearing more about the sauna.

Hey all. I’m still alive. I see I missed 22 or so pages which is way too much reading to do. Had a busy week which included my sons birthday, taught a cooking class, watched two evenings of playoff basketball, and many other things. Oh and I’ve finally got a girlfriend and she’s a keeper (fingers crossed).

Picked up a new wood burning sauna stove too. I’m doing a little refurb on my sauna and am installing a wood stove next to the electric one. More photos to come on that project.

View attachment 974703

New Kuuma stove
View attachment 974704
nice. quite the stove for a sauna!... mine is just 220-v with granite rocks on top...

All my echos have been 3 pulls on choke, 1 to run.
I won't argue against a dolmar though. Even the big 7910 started easy with the decomp.
I buy echos cause they just work and you cant beat the price or heat your house any better with a more expensive brand.
:yes:

Sounds like lots of good news, been wondering where you were.
I've considered a kuzma for the house for yrs, would be nice to tie something into the ductwork here and to help heat the basement a little to.
Look forward to hearing more about the sauna.
leave it to chipper! lol

i am looking fwd to hear how his new thing is going with the new g/f! best wishes there svk!!

View attachment 974703

New Kuuma stove
View attachment 974704
Glad to hear it goes well for you, Steve. Was beginning to wonder about your absence here. I kinda think of you as "the mayor" of the scrounging thread. Your absence didn't seem right.

@chipper1 @farmer steve The 250 is really hard to start. By that I mean pull over. I put an aftermarket assembly on it late last year and seems to be working better. I'll give it a chance when I start on wood this year. I want to like it but have been very frustrated with it.

Maybe this will help. I have a 193T top handle that was a bear to start. Then discovvered that the 192T had an "easy start" on it that would fit. The easy start winds a spring when you pull and releases it at the end of the pull - that cranks the engine. A real ***** cat now. I don't know if that 192 starter cover would fit 250 though. I know that one of the homeowner regular saws also had it but I don't recall the size. worth checking with your dealer.

Maybe this will help. I have a 193T top handle that was a bear to start. Then discovvered that the 192T had an "easy start" on it that would fit. The easy start winds a spring when you pull and releases it at the end of the pull - that cranks the engine. A real ***** cat now. I don't know if that 192 starter cover would fit 250 though. I know that one of the homeowner regular saws also had it but I don't recall the size. worth checking with your dealer.
Some of the 250s had the easy start. I think there was a thread that someone wanted to get rid of their's and put a regular pull start on it. Not sure but I think there was mention of a different flywheel because of the pawls. I think I have an IPL on file. I'll check it out.

Latest posts

Back