Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 1040811
$650…
do i need it? Hell no but that’s not the point :p
i have a ‘92, 8hp 066 and a ported 661…

if I don’t snag it, anyone in the market? I’ll pass it on.

And...if I get it I'll need at least a 60" bar and that ain't cheap, LOL
Where is this saw located I may be interested. Says 99cc and almost 7hp, and up to 5 feet's of bar 😳 I think @Sawdust Man subliminal messages are working 😉😆

$650 is a good deal if it's in nice shape... I got this one for just under $600.
I like em a lot, but...... I'm very partial to em because the 2100 was the first saw I ran as a youngster.... I think I was 14 when I started running powersaws....

2100's are torque monsters and they have a boatload of compression, the av is old school rubber, stock they run at 8500 rpm max.
2100s were rev limited to 10,500 rpm with a spring/ball in the carb. Easily bypassed if desired.

This picture is kind of typical of a lot of the places I hunt. This is NYS Land (part of Cranberry Mtn) off Haviland Hollow Rd. It goes from 400' at the road to 1,200' at the top in no time flat. This old logging road is going up at a 45* angle to reduce the slope and it is still pretty steep. Down about 80 yds there is a snow coved knoll that had a deer bed.

It is a steep rocky, rugged climb, with stands of Beech, Chestnut Oak and Mtn Laurel. Also, they mis-named it, there are NO Cranberries but tons of Blueberries!

I'm glad that we have so many skilled members on here that could make that shot at a moving deer w/o hitting any brush, but I'm not going to pretend to be one of them. Regular season is over, so I was carrying my MZ yesterday.

Did not see anything but did find fresh sign. I think this guy is a Buck, and he knows just where to bed. Almost no way to get to him w/o him seeing you.

If nothing else, I got my exercise yesterday, and the views from the top (looking over at the next ridge) were nice.

Not a lot of deer tracks, but some, coyote tracks, including a large one, one set of bobcat tracks. Disappointingly NO Turkey tracks, rabbit tracks, or Bear tracks. I see lots of birds of prey, and I think they are almost wiping out the rabbits and small turkey, and the grouse are gone! It is a shame.

Attachments

• HavilandHollowLogRoad12-2022.jpg
    HavilandHollowLogRoad12-2022.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
No that was the wife’s suburban that I did the heads on. It’s parked for now. Got it finished and it’s still putting antifreeze into the oil, so I’m starting to think the head has to be cracked.
sorry to hear, SA! i knew u put in a lot of focused good effort into the problem and project. once i read the info suggesting the engine model had a trend to have porosity hole failures show up arount 90-100K... i began to get a bit concerned about the outcome. in any event, sounds like ur new snow plow is a good runner! ~ 👍

i felt like such a wimp this morning. early. 3 am. 46f going to 38f. i was outside and brr was it chilly! :cold:

Let's test the waters,
1671117740870.png

SR
that saw and beam reminds me of a tv show i watched last nite. awesome show! PBS 8... mid-term + 1 on the 5 yr restoration of Notre Dam Catherdral. 1671117179810.png

a restoration project (process) of almost unprecedented scale! the timber to be used for support and for replacement section of the docuvid were amazing. hunting for one oak, needing 850 in a forest of over 8,000 acres! the effort and archetectural expertise involved is unreal. "an extrodinary show of architectural and historical restoration expertise" one expert was quoted saying. and everything has to be to original standards. ex, only one company in the world can and does make replacement vintage glass as used originally in the catherdral. WOW! a glass blower blows a bulb. rolls it red hot into a tube. expands it into a cylinder. swings it in special stand, it is heavy, and gravity pulls it from ball to cyl. then once a cyl, a scrible line thru middle. t-b. 'tap! it cracks... perfectly... is reheated slowly... and teased into opening and then flowing out slowly into being a pane of glass! the show was full of such amazing skills. talents. abilities. the metal work research includes electron microscopes... the architectural engineering involved to build it originally, had surprises even for today's best! ~

their goal for completion of the restoration's deadline is for the 2024 Olympics... 🤞
1671117671448.png

Latest posts

Back