Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe, Google the model number. I looked up that brand and there are some free manual downloads. What I looked at didn't mention different seals but I may not have had the proper model although it did mention different modes of filling. Good luck.
EDIT: I did find some parts diagrams also online. None I looked at showed much in the way of the plunger assembly though.
Thanks, Steve. I looked on line and didn't see any reference to different plungers. I have the owners manual and it doesn't say change plungers for bulk or tube? The plunger on it is definitely tight to the sleave with no tube in it, and won't fit in the tube. I think I'll slide a tube in, then take the plunger from a hand pump gun, and push the grease into the Lincoln, so I can use it. My Chipper calls for greasing all the zerks every 8 hours.

Wow even axes are getting expensive! After having the thought about a ghetto x26 I looked up the price of a new x27 over here. They are £70 now! When I bought mine 6 or 7 years ago it was £46 or just under! Searching though brought up something I've never seen here before... The fiskars 'solid' axes. The 'a26 solid splitting axe' looks remarkably like a super splitting axe or an all black x27 but £20 less.

https://www.powertoolsdirect.com/fi...IpCzDupfy94vpr5cYqfm6YYa7HwA-GexoCuFcQAvD_BwE
There's are range of smaller sizes which unsurprisingly look like the full X range.

Philbert, I may want some veneer strips to make it work 😂

Truthfully, I've done some jury rigging in my time. My Brother HATES it when I jury rig something. Even when I spiff it up a little. It still works. And I have a garage full of things that I look at and say to myself "I'm going to need that some time".
Sometimes things gotta be Jerry rigged. If wire is involved? I prefer stainless marine grade. It last much longer than bailing wire because it doesn't rust out! 🤣

It's been a rainy week, I think our 24hr total is in the 6" range. Times like these, I'm glad I live up in the mountains rather than down in the valley or near the creek bottoms. I ran down into town today and saw some flooding...there were a handful of houses in town that were sitting in a few feet of water, I feel bad for those people...although you could never get me to buy one of those houses, I've seen it happen before.

Short vid on my drive today:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Philbert
Happy New Years to you too , and all of the other old guys here. If I get a week behind I'm 20 pages back, and I don't stop in every day like I used to. I've got to admit that when Sagetown passed, I missed him kicking the morning off, and how he had the time to say HAPPY B-DAY to so many people?

Right now I've got several fires going. The biggest one is repowering a John Deere 318 with a Wisconsin VH4D 4 cylinder. It's sucking up most of my time and money. It will be used to pull my Mini Hay Wagon with some of my saw collection on it at the County Fair. Then I'm working with the WV DNR improving my property for Roughed Grouse habitat.

Happy New Years and good health to all that come here.

Yeah exactly! Nothing gets thrown away out here if it might have a possible use anytime in the future!👍 I've had stuff that I salvaged off broken crap sitting in coffee cans and milk crates on the shelf fir years! I'd move it to get to something else and tell myself "Erik! Why do you keep this garbage?" Then the next week I'll just happen to need a piece of that garbage on some sort of project or another! Never fail's.👍

I used stainless washers and a couple pieces of a plastic house hold vacuum hose extension to make the wheel spacers fir this fix on the ol duely.🤣View attachment 1045170
There you go got to love when a repurposed item comes in for the win.

Happy New Years to you too , and all of the other old guys here. If I get a week behind I'm 20 pages back, and I don't stop in every day like I used to. I've got to admit that when Sagetown passed, I missed him kicking the morning off, and how he had the time to say HAPPY B-DAY to so many people?

Right now I've got several fires going. The biggest one is repowering a John Deere 318 with a Wisconsin VH4D 4 cylinder. It's sucking up most of my time and money. It will be used to pull my Mini Hay Wagon with some of my saw collection on it at the County Fair. Then I'm working with the WV DNR improving my property for Roughed Grouse habitat.

Happy New Years and good health to all that come here.
@farmer steve is always on top of the bday stuff in the threads I'm in. Sure makes a guy feel good when he logs in and sees a happy birthday in big font from FS on his particular bday :rock: :numberone:

I always love the "must be licensed an insured":dumb::buttkick:.
I like to send them messages and do a bit like on the "Highly Valuable Black Walnut" videos:laughing:.
Since some may not have seen it yet lol.

:laughing:that is the funniest thing I seen in 2022 :laughing: way to end the year on that chipper. My wife looked at me and asked wtf are you doing on your phone. I said I'm learning about highly valuable black walnut trees😆

Truthfully, I've done some jury rigging in my time. My Brother HATES it when I jury rig something. Even when I spiff it up a little. It still works. And I have a garage full of things that I look at and say to myself "I'm going to need that some time".
LOL, I know that feeling and have more crsp in my garage, barn and cellar to irk the crap out of my wife. It is getting time to do a major cleanout and keep it that way.

It's been a rainy week, I think our 24hr total is in the 6" range. Times like these, I'm glad I live up in the mountains rather than down in the valley or near the creek bottoms. I ran down into town today and saw some flooding...there were a handful of houses in town that were sitting in a few feet of water, I feel bad for those people...although you could never get me to buy one of those houses, I've seen it happen before.

Short vid on my drive today:

That's a bum deal fir sure!

Latest posts

Back