Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you guys sure are desperate to have a woman around! And ready to take just about anyone to get one!

I wouldn't want a woman that hasn't lived on her own for at least a year, two is even better. And any woman worth having should feel the same way about a man too.

SR

Some of you guys sure are desperate to have a woman around! And ready to take just about anyone to get one!

I wouldn't want a woman that hasn't lived on her own for at least a year, two is even better. And any woman worth having should feel the same way about a man too.

SR
You're wrong there. I do not want someone unless they meet ALL of the following: They are a good person and not a b-word, have shown they can hold a job and support themselves to some extent, have shown they have good relationships with those around them and have a support system, are good with my children, have similar life goals and acceptable values that do not disagree with mine, have acceptable physical traits, and last but not least want to "get busy" at least a few times a week. AND must not throw ANY red flags.

I also disagree with your second point...if a good person left a bad relationship that doesn't mean they need to sit in purgatory for X number of months to make themselves righteous and dateworthy again.

With that being said, I certainly wouldn't be interested in getting married any time soon even if I found the seemingly perfect woman tomorrow. I would want to see what kind of person they are when they are tired and crabby as the honeymoon phase will wear off.

To modify a well used saying:

Past results do not guarantee future performance. But past performance is a good indicator of future perfomance. If you find a person who has been successful in the past for any reason except natural ability, they will usually continue to be successful. Winners generally continue to win and losers generally continue to lose.

Hey KK, is this considered overloaded now? You once questioned me whether I went above the sides.

Got a small Ash tree from a neighbor and I finally got it off my driveway. Only wanted to make one trip down the hill so I heaped it on.
IMG_1768.JPG
Recently cut some branches off a wind blown Hickory. It made a full truck load.
IMG_1770.JPG
At least I think it's Hickory. Heavy, hard to saw, cuts like Hickory and splits like Hickory. Just doesn't smell like the Hickory I remember. I don't get much of it and it's been a while. So I'll let it dry a couple of months and place a small piece on a charcoal (grill) fire and see what the smell is then.

On a side note, I love that Pherd file tool you guys recommended. I file by hand with mixed results because I don't go through a lot of chains a year. I've have been using it on the chain that was badly cutting to the right. Each time I sharpen, the cuts are getting back to straight. And no I haven't found a competent person to resharpen the chain in the first place. Last guy used a 5/32" (or smaller?) wheel on a 7/32" chain. Had a double gullet.

Well the brakes on my camper have been giving me a real problem . I changed out the backing plates all new hardware and put new drums on both axles I verified all magnets were activating , took it around the block and they were better but not great I would manually hit the brake at max gain and I could feel drag but they should lock up .

So today I took out the Fluke multi meter. Was getting 8.14 volts at the brake . So I checked at the truck plug 8.44 not looking good . I got the same at the blue wire at the controller. The Tekonsha Prodigy p2 is about 13 years old . I took the Tekonsha P3 controller out of my 72 Chevy and I was getting 11.8 at the brakes at full gain . The brakes are working great again at a low setting . The trailer is 27 years old so the parts needed to be replaced but I would have saved a lot of time checking the controller first .

Funny but it worked great with my dump trailer but that has 12 inch drums not 10 inch so there is more braking force .
Thought you might like this one? Too new for me. I stop at 72.
PW7ZrAD.jpg

MXicACU.jpg

stQnZ6D.jpg

lBURMXx.jpg

If you're not religious look at organizations you volunteer for or community events that are are aligned with your beliefs.

Lee's right @svk . Get down to your local Rotary, lots of successful, upstanding ladies there. Go get some.

(you didn't say anything about age)

Sometimes simple is best. I've been looking at and puzzling how I was going to work a tree for seveeral days. tip lodged in the ground, butt on stump and a bowed up 6'. Whole thing lodge against a burn pile - couldn't tell for sure what would happen when I started cutting on the tip. Today as I was finishing loading up the preveous tree I glanced at it and "Hey, stupid, throw a chain around the middle and pull it over". Yep, simple is as simple does 20 odd' of log and 30 minutes later it was all in rounds. That MS400 can really put out the chips!! It is also getting fairly reliable for 1 or 2 pull starts warm.

It is a challenge. There are good ones out there but you need to act fast when one comes on the market.

I know there are a lot of a-hole guys out there too and therefore women have their guard up, rightfully so.

The dating pool seems to be MOSTLY full of those who possess one or more of the following:
-Serial dater and/or afraid of commitment
-Whoa is me, I cannot hold a job or a relationship cause the world is out to screw me
-Party girl...40+ years old and closes down the bar 5+ nights a week
-Openly B/Closet B
-Only seeks a physical type...I know a gal who only dates tall native men. She is very beautiful and surprisingly for what she seeks, she has pasty white skin lol. She has trouble keeping men.
-High earner who wants everything on HER terms. MOST high earning women are not very flexible in relationships. There is only one way...their way!
-Low self esteem so only pursues/dates loser guys

What am I missing?
If you elaborate on which one you are, I can tell you which one's you are missing?

1. You're wrong there. I do not want someone unless they meet ALL of the following: They are a good person and not a b-word, have shown they can hold a job and support themselves to some extent, have shown they have good relationships with those around them and have a support system, are good with my children, have similar life goals and acceptable values that do not disagree with mine, have acceptable physical traits, and last but not least want to "get busy" at least a few times a week. AND must not throw ANY red flags.

2. I also disagree with your second point...if a good person left a bad relationship that doesn't mean they need to sit in purgatory for X number of months to make themselves righteous and dateworthy again.
1. It takes two to have a good marriage and it takes two to have a bad marriage, even though one usually is much worse than the other. Anyway, that's what the year or two is for, everyone rebounds after divorce! That's why many have a second divorce! After divorce a person should be focusing on themselves, not on getting a mate!

2. purgatory? They don't know what they want, they aren't in purgatory, it's also called rebounding!! You obviously don't have a crystal ball, if you did you would have used it on the last one!

I don't want anyone who "needs" me, I want them here because they love me! I'm not settling for less than that, and "they shouldn't either".

SR

I was out on the rail trail today taking care of trees... Cut down and up a lot of ash trees in one area and then went on to another area to clear a beaver felled tree. None of the trees "needed" it but I had my 661 with me so I used it on the beaver tree. The rest were treated to the 261.
Beaver2.gif
Beaver1.gif

Thought you might like this one? Too new for me. I stop at 72.
PW7ZrAD.jpg

MXicACU.jpg

stQnZ6D.jpg

lBURMXx.jpg
Ohh man I’ve Been looking for a single cab dually . And its a 4x4 to boot I might have to call on it
I was out on the rail trail today taking care of trees... Cut down and up a lot of ash trees in one area and then went on to another area to clear a beaver felled tree. None of the trees "needed" it but I had my 661 with me so I used it on the beaver tree. The rest were treated to the 261.
View attachment 1078286
View attachment 1078289
Damn beavers 🦫

Latest posts

Back