Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went back to the construction site today to see what they had done with the 12' stumps the tree service had left for the mill guys to take down.
They never showed up and the demo crew was cutting them down and hauling...to the boss' place,lol
I asked if I could drop the Oak and take it...sure!
Some of the heaviest wood I've handled. Some kind of White Oak.
Got what looks like 3/4 cord.
I can go back for Maple if I have any room let :p

The new MMind 500 got a workout. So much faster than stock, wow.

Cut down a 4' Maple stump for them as they had only a 18" saw.
Besides a big rock we found a dealership key for a 2005 F150
Gonna run the VIN just for fun 🤪

View attachment 1079563View attachment 1079564View attachment 1079565
Nice jag of wood. Bark doesn't look like white oak though. The bark looks like chestnut oak. @MustangMike ?

Reloading Brass ...

Seems to be almost as hard to find as primers! Cabela's and Midway sell reconditioned brass, but the buyer reviews of it are poor at best.

I have purchased reconditioned military brass from Top Brass in the past (seems to be all direct sales with the company) and the condition was excellent, so if you need brass for 223, 308 or a handful of other rifle and pistol calibers, I recommend them. Their prices seem to be in line with other sellers.

Finally!! Someone who takes their scrounging responsibilities seriously! :laugh:
Cowboy have a look at the Facebook group "Aussie Firewood Cutters", it could be right up your alley! Real firewood getters posting their logs, rounds etc Aussie style! No crap and not many stick pullers like we see here.

Being a tech I've been the guy you should walk right past! :lol: View attachment 1079368
I worked in a food plant, lots of salt & sugar. At least once a month I would get a call to remove a broken bolt head.
The best cure was to get new bolts from the shop every month & switch them out for the corroded ones, before they locked up.
Still had some problems, but fewer than before.

Cowboy have a look at the Facebook group "Aussie Firewood Cutters", it could be right up your alley! Real firewood getters posting their logs, rounds etc Aussie style! No crap and not many stick pullers like we see here.
I'm hurt......... :innocent:

Private group.

E3D9F07D-B4DF-4E04-B583-E495CA967349.png

Nice jag of wood. Bark doesn't look like white oak though. The bark looks like chestnut oak. @MustangMike ?
No idea. We had 5 different types on the Cloverdale ranch in NorCal but none like this. I’ve cup coast Live Oak as well…different bark but similar color wood. Definitely not Red Oak.20230503_130459.jpg20230503_130508.jpg20230503_130513.jpg

Latest posts

Back