Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had promised to grind up a pile of brush for a friend, so we knocked it out last week end. His wife told my wife she wanted the big Oak over their second floor deck down. I called Brian and told him if he wanted it down, lets get it while the chipper is still there. .so, right at noon, 90* with heat index over 100* we got started. We had the tree down and all of the brush chipped in 3:38 minutes. Not bad for a couple old fat guys. Well, he's not fat, but he's an office worker.
ZA1zDOR.jpg

YNoxqHF.jpg

EMPInOs.jpg

The second pic is me dragging sections of the top to the chipper with my JD X738, you can see a little blotch of yellow seat. Hard to take a pic while pulling tops.

F**k California. Moving to a non-communist state is your best bet. They are probably going to be the last to ban TikTok too.
Before my retirement 1 1/2 years ago. I had spent at least 8 weeks out in California working at manufacturing plants. The blue collar workers and the management are not the issue in Cali. It is the lunatics in power and Hollywood that is the problem.

me, too... :rolleyes: but a Wilton calls for some respect. but... that said...

each to their own. :) as i can see the rationale for a junk ol rusty, busted greasie vise remaining junkyard dawg green!

oil to all moving parts, optional ~
Wilton's are the best.

Yep, Matt is my Nephew.

Always look for vines when felling, they can be a pain in the butt!

Seems to be a lot of them around in recent years!
Here in central Mass we have vines growing like weeds. They are everywhere. My FIL when he was alive used to keep them all at bay by cutting the hell out of them. Even spraying the damn things doesn't stop them. I have even tried spraying the cut off roots at ground level. They just pop up nearby from the ones we cut. Very frustrating to deal with the nasty vines and Concord grape vines.

I forget if it was the Teamsters or IH
That was the FASH shutdown and I was caught in the middle of it which is a long story but not for here. The Cat V12 was a railroad engine, heavy and expensive to work on (like all Cats were /are) Never seen one with a Roots style blower, plenty with single and twin turbochargers however.

Attachments

• 20230731_090317.jpg
    20230731_090317.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230731_090555.jpg
    20230731_090555.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230731_090300.jpg
    20230731_090300.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Are you sure the JD model L didn't have a 2 cylinder engine?
I have to correct myself, I'm all over the board with my memory this morning! Smallest "opposed" deer engine was the "H".

I think you are right on the "L" and the SAD part is, I should have remembered that, as I HAVE ONE! lol

SR

It has been a bit frustrating with our upstate trail cameras mostly sending back pictures of Bear and Coyote with occasional Turkey, Fox and Deer.

But this is the first real nice one to come back. I know the cell phone pics are not real clear, and he is likely still in velvet, but that looks really nice to me!

Based on the location, I'll bet he was the 7 point we saw on camera last year.

He is less than 50 yds from my stand!

Attachments

• Deer7-31-2023.jpg
    Deer7-31-2023.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 0
Here in central Mass we have vines growing like weeds. They are everywhere. My FIL when he was alive used to keep them all at bay by cutting the hell out of them. Even spraying the damn things doesn't stop them. I have even tried spraying the cut off roots at ground level. They just pop up nearby from the ones we cut. Very frustrating to deal with the nasty vines and Concord grape vines.
I've been battling some sort of ivy varrient (not poison ivy) on one of my big hills. Normally I wouldn't care, but my wife has a ton of stuff planted on the hill. It's been a battle to say the least, and I'm about ready to get the ground clear and just spray everything, then start replanting next year. Stupid vines even made it up into the top yard.

Getting ready for the Carlisle PA truck show and swap meet I leave on Wednesday . I’m going to be bringing my 68 Stepside so I needed to trailer it 4.56 rear and 250 I6 not a good highway compo . If I wasn’t taking the stepper I’d have left the bed I am selling on the little trailer and towed it with the 72 .

Real PITA to get it up into the 3500but a little finagling and it’s up there . IMG_6851.jpegIMG_6852.jpeg

Getting ready for the Carlisle PA truck show and swap meet I leave on Wednesday . I’m going to be bringing my 68 Stepside so I needed to trailer it 4.56 rear and 250 I6 not a good highway compo . If I wasn’t taking the stepper I’d have left the bed I am selling on the little trailer and towed it with the 72 .

Real PITA to get it up into the 3500but a little finagling and it’s up there . View attachment 1101265View attachment 1101266
Wish I had that set up yesterday ago. Was getting a real nice bed for my 73 250 from a junk yard years ago. Didn't have a trailer at the time, best thing we could think of was get them to flip it upside down and set it on the bed of my brother dully with a few boards cut down in the stake pockets. Worked great till we got home. We didn't think about not having a loader to pick it off. Called all of our buddies up to help. 11 guys in total to lift it off and flip it right side up.

Wish I had that set up yesterday ago. Was getting a real nice bed for my 73 250 from a junk yard years ago. Didn't have a trailer at the time, best thing we could think of was get them to flip it upside down and set it on the bed of my brother dully with a few boards cut down in the stake pockets. Worked great till we got home. We didn't think about not having a loader to pick it off. Called all of our buddies up to help. 11 guys in total to lift it off and flip it right side up.
The cart I made years ago so far it’s had two beds and a cab on it makes it much easier to move around .

Latest posts

Back