Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, season is 10/21-11/26. Don't hunt deer anyway. Grouse, pheasant, waterfowl is where it's at.
How did your duck season go? Your hunting is more puddle jumping? Around here, the majority of the ducks never migrated down to Central IL.... until now. Season ended 1/8/24 and it wasn't cold enough to push them out of Northern IL. So I've been told.

Nice Jeff. We got a bunch laying and flying around. Juice went off last night, they said not coming back on until 2:00 today. I ( wife) decided we (me) needed to fire up the generator. I went out to move enough snow to get things moved around. OWB is boiling over even though I didn't put any wood in it last night just in case juice did go off. My lovely wife explained that last night just before juice went off the she ( her) decided to stoke up the OWB and put wood in it. So grab some water bottles from basement and drown out some of the fire. Then get generator pulled up to the house, just as my son fired it up to warm it up the juice comes back on. Oh well let it run for awhile anyway. I still have to get everything hooked up for it so maybe I better do it this weekend. It took a pile of water to refill the OWB and took some time to get back up to temps. It's been a lousy weekend for sure.

View attachment 1144284
Winter showed up. Winds are fairly vicious and lake effect snow expected for a couple days. First time I have started the tractor since I took the mowing deck off and put the blower on!

Attachments

• 20240114_090111.jpg
    20240114_090111.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240114_090101.jpg
    20240114_090101.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Looks like gonna be using some of the 'all nighter " logs the next few days. :surprised3:
View attachment 1144343
Crazy guy who lived by my old house did this. He could drag a log through the house door and run it into his stove on the other side of the room. If the log was too long he would leave the door open. Not exaggerating LOL.

Back