Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't remember if I shared this story-I have only been hassled going across for a day trip at the post nearest my house (80 miles north of me) by the US guy on the return trip. He must've thought I was too clean to just be going across for my RABC and fishing license.

They run plates so if you have any offenses including DWI they'll turn you right around at the border-do not pass go, do not collect $200.

I'm at the border right now. Screenshot_20240212_114910_Maps.jpg
Not a border guard to be seen!
The law states that we can cross the border on shared lakes, but we cannot enter any US coves or make landfall. The Maine wardens come over for a chat sometimes. Nice fellas. They will even clean your fish for you because they want to collect certain parts of the digestive system for biological studies. Even had the North Woods Law guys come out one time.

I'm at the border right now. View attachment 1153046
Not a border guard to be seen!
The law states that we can cross the border on shared lakes, but we cannot enter any US coves or make landfall. The Maine wardens come over for a chat sometimes. Nice fellas. They will even clean your fish for you because they want to collect certain parts of the digestive system for biological studies. Even had the North Woods Law guys come out one time.
You are glowing blue. Mite want to get that checked out.:yes:

Honestly, the only time I had an issue getting into Canada was when they implemented the vaccination mandate because I didn't fill out the app on my phone correctly.
Aside from that, they searched my truck one time during a routine inspection over a 4 year period.
Getting back into the states was when things got ugly.
Only had the misfortune of going to Canada once, got inspected both ways. Had my service truck and was going to update ecu(s) and change emission stickers on a bunch of terex/powerscreen crushers that got purchased by Emerald Equipment in New York, with the intent of bringing them down from up north for sales in the states. What a hassle. Never again. The sad part is the state side guys were downright rude a-holes. At least the Canadian guys didn't trash my truck, and were amicable to deal with.

How long does the paint hold up? Good idea, and I may try it on my 73.
Greatly depends on usage . This will undoubtedly last longer than me . I did the whelk on the 60 Tbird and the one on my lark in the early 2000s . Still looks like new . If you were going to be using it a lot I would use a clear coat .

Can you tell where the VW TDI gets parked? At 316k miles she's allowed to have a few leaks.
View attachment 1153146

Was also time to top up the rear diff on the pickup, that leaks a little as well. Using the old Montucky snow creeper system. View attachment 1153169

The driveway will be a future superfund site.
Thank goodness your driveway wont be rusting away.

Can you tell where the VW TDI gets parked? At 316k miles she's allowed to have a few leaks.
View attachment 1153146

Was also time to top up the rear diff on the pickup, that leaks a little as well. Using the old Montucky snow creeper system. View attachment 1153169

The driveway will be a future superfund site.
My old 98 odyssey has a leak going again, just fixed one last yr :(. Maybe when it hits 300k it will just stop lol, it's got like 284k on it now. Today on the expressway coming home the speedo quite working, the digital odometer and trip meter kept working just fine, then the next thing you know it was working again. Pretty sure I just needed to go a bit faster :laughing: .
You should just run a hose from the rear up thru the box, that way you can easily add some all yr around :lol:. Also, is that stihl winter blend you're running in there...

Got some new to me wheels and tires for the "new" Toyota last weekend.
Hopefully it was the good morning thread I posted them in, but I'm guessing you guys won't mind seeing the same pics a few times, seems to happen here now and again lol.
Screen Shot 2024-02-12 at 3.11.22 PM.png

I'm usually pretty good with my equipment. Seldom do I leave things for long periods with untreated pump gas in the tank or carb. Such was not the case with my splitter. Seems I shoved her in the corner last spring and forgot about it, and the results were predictable. Instead of getting an early start this morning, I got to drag my splitter home and clean the carb, the tank and change the oil. I did still manage to get a little bit done.

View attachment 1152835View attachment 1152836
Did you have a friend over, I see you had to "split" a beer :cheers:.
I like the mod on the vent/fill tube, looks like it would work well. I usually just let them leak a bit on the trail, since the trail is part of my carbon footprint.

Did you have a friend over, I see you had to "split" a beer :cheers:.
I like the mod on the vent/fill tube, looks like it would work well. I usually just let them leak a bit on the trail, since the trail is part of my carbon footprint.
He never showed up to help with the splittin', so I was forced to drink them all myself. Said friend did show up to chow down and consume many, many adult beverages during the game.

Can't remember if I shared this story-I have only been hassled going across for a day trip at the post nearest my house (80 miles north of me) by the US guy on the return trip. He must've thought I was too clean to just be going across for my RABC and fishing license.

They run plates so if you have any offenses including DWI they'll turn you right around at the border-do not pass go, do not collect $200.
That is so true. A coworker I had back in 2003 went on a week long hunting trip up to Labrador with 5 other guys. One of them had a DWI. Imagine getting up to the N.B. border and being told your hunting buddy is not allowed in Canada. They had to drive back to Mass. to drop him off and headed back up there. Really WTF.

Latest posts

Back