Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you fellas have anymore ideas on this 562 off switch?? The wire is connected, I’m gonna go get my Fluke to ohm the wire, but what else can it be

Also, the older model, it says 562xp on the tag, but the intake is smaller, almost the size of the 550, any ideas?

And thanks to a friendly fella from this sight, I have a coil to put in the ms201 tonight 👍

Keep an eye out for a 562xp side cover too boys, if anyone has one for trade, let me know. I’ll see if I got anything that peaks you’re interest.
What’s going with switch ?

Any of you fellas have anymore ideas on this 562 off switch?? The wire is connected, I’m gonna go get my Fluke to ohm the wire, but what else can it be

Also, the older model, it says 562xp on the tag, but the intake is smaller, almost the size of the 550, any ideas?

And thanks to a friendly fella from this sight, I have a coil to put in the ms201 tonight 👍

Keep an eye out for a 562xp side cover too boys, if anyone has one for trade, let me know. I’ll see if I got anything that peaks you’re interest.
Can you kill it by grounding the kill wire? That would prove out the circuit and the only other thing it could be is the switch.

Can you kill it by grounding the kill wire? That would prove out the circuit and the only other thing it could be is the switch.
The switch “should work” I took it off the saw and worked it, the little piece of metal slides to the contact that attaches to the wire….

I wonder if the wire is broken inside the insulation???

I wonder if the wire is broken inside the insulation???

Lee, i’ll use a jumper wire to test your theory, though, it makes sense

Shoot, thinking about how your test might work, or not work, and realize it might be disconnected over on the coil side….

Thanks for having me think of it in another angle
Or broken in the insulation as you suggested. I'm sure you've seen that more than once! :yes:

You gotta get out of the office and turn some wrenches!;)

Tunnel vision is the worst thing that can happen when diagnosing. We get preconceived ideas on what the problem should be and miss the easy stuff. Reminds me of the time a customer brings in their car with no operational headlights. I'm thinking all four can't be burned out so I'm checking powers and grounds. After 20 minutes I checked a bulb and it turns out all 4 were burned out. Who lets that happen?!? Anyways, that was a lesson in checking the obvious stuff first!

Or broken in the insulation as you suggested. I'm sure you've seen that more than once! :yes:

You gotta get out of the office and turn some wrenches!;)

Tunnel vision is the worst thing that can happen when diagnosing. We get preconceived ideas on what the problem should be and miss the easy stuff. Reminds me of the time a customer brings in their car with no operational headlights. I'm thinking all four can't be burned out so I'm checking powers and grounds. After 20 minutes I checked a bulb and it turns out all 4 were burned out. Who lets that happen?!? Anyways, that was a lesson in checking the obvious stuff first!
Yeah, I would’ve pulled up the schematic and been checking the ground…

Back