Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious,, is
Speaking of medium bores, I am looking to change up my hog rifle.

Current rifle is a savage 110 long range in .338 federal. Hits extremely hard but the barrel is way too long for shooting our of blinds and at close quarters. Rather than paying to cut the barrel I think I am going to find a different rifle. Also the comb of that rifle is too high for my cheek and I do not want to raise the scope either as it is already so large with the night scope on it.
Curious,,, is there one or two in particular you are looking for ? Lever or something else ? I'm lever lover, cause I hunt mostly in dense cover. 200 grain pills.

Curious,, is

Curious,,, is there one or two in particular you are looking for ? Lever or something else ? I'm lever lover, cause I hunt mostly in dense cover. 200 grain pills.
Bolt..probably just 308 or something similar in a shorter barrel.

Just need a cheaper gun that shoots decently...with a night scope, shots are short

Possibly... the but log is about 24" diameter for what that's worth.
Oh yeah, the wood smells kinda like mold when fresh cut.

Definitely not.
This is black walnut that I cut today also. View attachment 1154432
Well, saw me a half dozen clear 4/4 boards and send them to me. I'll let you know for sure :laugh: .

but but but .... what about my 170 with a 48" ?????
I will say I bought a pro mac 850 ( 85ish cc) that had a 16" bar on it. WOW would it eat a 16" log!!
I slapped a 16 on my 660 once for ripping 6"-8"pecker poles in half fir fence posts. Your absolutely right. Insane power! 👍

You're a light eater?
Lol, I should be! Could stand to lose a pound or thirty! Makes a perfect sized egg sammich with cheese and hot sauce. Hamburger bun in this case but bagel or english muffin get used too depending on what's kicking around.

Before the snow came in this morning, while i could still drive on the ground with my truck, I got a load of Maple camp wood up my hill and stacked/cpvered. Made it up the hill just before it really started to come down. My exercise for the day.

Now I'm sitting in front of the tube by the fire. Nothing really on. Watching an old Alan Ladd movie "Guns of Timberland". Logging story before power saws. Cutting and bucking trees with two-man saws. I bet they went dull fast.

Nice handle.
Unrelated question since I saw the bx in the picture. How do you like it? Been thinking of ditching my cub and yanmar since deck parts are expensive fir the cub and both rare and expensive for the yanmar.
My FIL has owned a bx for over 20 years. It has around 2,300 hrs on the meter, and it went through a couple year stretch that it did not work. It is comfy enough to sit on all day cutting grass with a 5ft. belly mower and just about unstopable in the winter with a 4ft. front mount snowblower. It has pulled countless heavy loads of firewood in his old pickup truck bed trailer. I've replaced a few hoses, a starter, an alternator, a head light switch and a couple tie-rod ends. I also rebuilt the steering cylinder and welded up the air filter bracket when it rattled apart. They are small, but every bit the quality that has built their reputation.

Do you guys eat male tomatoes,

Resized-20230909-144059-S.jpg

or only female tomatoes??

SR

Back