Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not an expert Lee but on my tc55da my curl down is slow. I think it's in the joystick control. I move it around and then it will start working better. Dad's NH 2120 was finicky too.

It could be that your curl cable needs a slight adjustment.
Good ideas guys. I'm not familiar with the particulars of NH machines. When either of your machines are acting up does it load up the hydraulics like Lee said his does?

I'd say you're on the most likely track with the hoses. I've heard of some odd stuff happening with quick disconnects (if your loader had them.) But it's unlikely that it would just affect one function.
On my first b series(the b2920), it would put a load on the pump when the 3pt arms got to the top(they leaked down every time you shut it off) as it would hang up there and cause the loader to operate slowly. Then right after I got my second one(the b2620) and I was going to list the first one, I removed a spring and put it on the right side of the bracket that released it when it was all the way to the top. Problem fixed as it would automatically bump the control back to neutral and the loader would work as it should.
Not sure if it happens on tractor hydraulics... On automotive brakes the hose to the caliper can get internally damaged(usually because someone let the caliper hang when doing the brakes), and it will make the brakes lock up just as if the caliper was bad when the fluid gets between the inner and outer sections of the hose. I've seen misdiagnosed quite a few times. Whenever I diagnose a locked up caliper I loosen the bleeder while pushing the piston/pistons in, if it goes back easily then I replace the hose first. Wonder if something similar

Thanks for the ideas guys. The loader has quick connects. I think I will start by threading them off and checking for debris clogging them. I've changed almost all the hoses but 2 for the curl function on bucket. They look good externally but maybe they're coming apart internally.

My thought is the problem has to be a restriction. The pump definitely loads up when the lever is moved all the way over. If I slowly move the lever over the bucket starts moving. Once it hits its max speed moving the lever farther only makes the pump work harder while the speed of the curl stays constant.

Thanks again!

I've been thinking Gentleman. For every action. ☝️There is an equal reaction.
Action: Shorter bar on big power saw.
Reaction: Shorter cut time through big log.
🤔
Sounds good to me!🤷

Goodnight Gents.🥱

Cut safe, stay sharp and be aware!😴
@Trailsawyer This was a joke.😉 Don't look so surprised. 🤣

On my first b series(the b2920), it would put a load on the pump when the 3pt arms got to the top(they leaked down every time you shut it off) as it would hang up there and cause the loader to operate slowly. Then right after I got my second one(the b2620) and I was going to list the first one, I removed a spring and put it on the right side of the bracket that released it when it was all the way to the top. Problem fixed as it would automatically bump the control back to neutral and the loader would work as it should.
Not sure if it happens on tractor hydraulics... On automotive brakes the hose to the caliper can get internally damaged(usually because someone let the caliper hang when doing the brakes), and it will make the brakes lock up just as if the caliper was bad when the fluid gets between the inner and outer sections of the hose. I've seen misdiagnosed quite a few times. Whenever I diagnose a locked up caliper I loosen the bleeder while pushing the piston/pistons in, if it goes back easily then I replace the hose first. Wonder if something similar
The older series b kubotas had the 1/4 inching valve for the 3 point. It's a piss pore idea, my 7510 has it. The newer ones went to the standard lever moves with the arms like a real farm tractor. The crappy part is it stays in position unless you move it to center. Like you I have a spring on mine so it kicks itsself out. Yes 100% it will labor the pump as it's pushing over relief, but it will be a systematic issue not just one function. Ironically they made a narrow version of my 7510 for a few years that had a real 3 point control. I've been looking for the transmission top plate and valve for one for years now. Hate the stupid inching valve for the 3 point.

I see Harley has a new snowplow attachment for their bikes,

Harley-Plow.jpg

I bet chipper will get one and try it out.

SR

That is a mighty nice lineup of levers you've got buddy. 👍
I'll have to get mine all on one place sometime for a picture.
That Model 95 of his really impresses me ... Chambered in 405 Winchester with factory peep sights and factory sling swivels ... it is a rare bird, and just the way it should be!

My Model 94 Buffalo Bill Commemorative has a Saddle ring ... even though it also has a 26" Octagon Barrel and full-length magazine.

That Model 95 of his really impresses me ... Chambered in 405 Winchester with factory peep sights and factory sling swivels ... it is a rare bird, and just the way it should be!

My Model 94 Buffalo Bill Commemorative has a Saddle ring ... even though it also has a 26" Octagon Barrel and full-length magazine.
The 405 is a thumper!

I've got a centennial 94 (30-30) with 26" bbl and brass receiver, it also has a saddle ring.

A young lady friend asked me to fix her 180. Something is wrong with the starter recoil assembly. I'm stumped Gentleman. It's not like the assembly on the bigger saws that I'm use too. Here's what's going on. If it is facing any other way but logo side down. The dawgs will not spring open to engage the flywheel. Are any of guys familiar with this saw and what the problem might be? Any info will be much appreciated.
20240216_233003.jpg
Laying on its side. The Dawgs spring open just fine. When up right, like it is when mounted on the saw. They will not spring open. Pretty interesting. I don't get it.

A young lady friend asked me to fix her 180. Something is wrong with the starter recoil assembly. I'm stumped Gentleman. It's not like the assembly on the bigger saws that I'm use too. Here's what's going on. If it is facing any other way but logo side down. The dawgs will not spring open to engage the flywheel. Are any of guys familiar with this saw and what the problem might be? Any info will be much appreciated.
View attachment 1154758
Laying on its side. The Dawgs spring open just fine. When up right, like it is when mounted on the saw. They will not spring open. Pretty interesting. I don't get it.

Hm, clip is in the right direction but is it the right one? Looks too big, even for a dual.

Yours looks a lot different than what I have.

The 180s I have are single pawl as well, 2nd pic
1000003195.jpg

Attachments

• 1000003196.jpg
    1000003196.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Hm, clip is in the right direction but is it the right one? Looks too big, even for a dual.

Yours looks a lot different than what I have.

The 180s I have are single pawl as well, 2nd pic
View attachment 1154760
Yeah Roger. I checked one of my 170's too. Single dawg like yours. It dose look big now that you mention it. 🤔Hmmmmmm?

Did someone say LEVERS….. ❤️❤️💕💕

Mustang Mike and me even got my sister hooked, that’s her deluxe 71 .348 (Browning repo) that I was cleaning for her….
View attachment 1154472View attachment 1154473View attachment 1154474View attachment 1154475
I like a good bolt rifle too

Actually headed to the gun show today before skiing, it snowed here this week (actually is as I type this) and my wood pile is covered. Gonna go see what they have, maybe grab an upper to finish up another AR build…View attachment 1154484
Beautiful groupings!👍

Back