Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just need the exhaust away my other option but that would require cutting the plasticsView attachment 1155115not sure about the heat on my hand though
Think the double square tube is overkill ?
I would use the double square tube because it has the cool factor. I would go out the front to avoid cutting plastic and keep the heat away from your hand. I would drill holes that are equal to 25% bigger than the factory exhaust outlet. Just my thoughts, there's other fellas with more knowledge about this subject than I have.

What’s the secret to removing these split nuts ? Some sort of secret handshake ? Can’t for the life of me get it to move and I don’t want to bust the bolt View attachment 1155134
Whatever favorite penitrating oil and pray the studs don't snap off. Heat would help too.

PXL_20240219_200053247.jpg
My $40 craftsman 42cc saw may be on the way out. Either primer bulb or fuel line but I'm not sure I'll bother. Used the poulan 2050 to brutalize some apple trees 3 years overdue for a pruning. Not loving using a 50cc saw overhead but got the job done. I'll clean up and do some hand pruning with the little fiskars

View attachment 1155154
My $40 craftsman 42cc saw may be on the way out. Either primer bulb or fuel line but I'm not sure I'll bother. Used the poulan 2050 to brutalize some apple trees 3 years overdue for a pruning. Not loving using a 50cc saw overhead but got the job done. I'll clean up and do some hand pruning with the little fiskars
Need to do my apple trees too

Whatever favorite penitrating oil and pray the studs don't snap off. Heat would help too.
Yes.

Mark-If you can stand the saw up so the studs are perfectly vertical and see if you can sink some penetrating oil into them over a couple of days then heat should get them loosened.

View attachment 1155154
Get yourself a pole saw and put that ladder away before you hurt yourself. Not to say it will happen but you will be a lot safer working from the ground.

Yes.

Mark-If you can stand the saw up so the studs are perfectly vertical and see if you can sink some penetrating oil into them over a couple of days then heat should get them loosened.
I got them off without breaking anything which is a miracle for me . I’m always like a little more and snap . This time I used a 1/4 inch drive and held it at the head so not a lot torque.

I had this whole area cleaned up yesterday. This is my 2nd round in the same area knocking down more Ash trees. I did manage to get (3) 13 footers to make into floor joists for over at the farm. All 3 of them came out of one tree. One picture shows how you get a 13 foot long log thru an 8 foot wide gate.🤣 Missing from the video are 3 trees I dropped earlier today and already moved the logs over to my big pile. I did have to finally use a wedge to drop that last tree. The rotted out double tree was easy to drop. I cut off the right side tree. The left one I pushed over with my tractor. The stump was pretty much rotted out. The ground was frozen earlier today. By lunch there was 1/2" or slick grease all over the place. Hence the logs piled up all over the place. They will get moved first thing in the morning when the ground is frozen solid again. Then I will start round 3 with the Ash trees. I think I have at least a dozen more in this area to drop.

Attachments

• 20240219_153911.mp4
    25.5 MB
  • 20240219_141720.jpg
    20240219_141720.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240219_161147.jpg
    20240219_161147.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240219_161730.jpg
    20240219_161730.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Get yourself a pole saw and put that ladder away before you hurt yourself. Not to say it will happen but you will be a lot safer working from the ground.
You're not wrong. Maybe the thing to do is not let them get out of hand, then I can use the pruning clippers.

Back