Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the mess out front cleaned up a bit.
4 nice locust logs, and a smaller mulberry log I diced up for firewood.
Box elder that broke in the last storm out.
20240309_112814.jpg20240309_115412.jpg
Is this what yours looked like Matt.
20240309_131405.jpg
Used the baby saw since I had it out, wasn't worth the time going and grabbing a bigger one.
20240309_133811.jpg
Hoping don't run out of scrounged wood.
20240309_134242.jpg

New coil fixed the 450 husqy right up. Replaced the plastic piece that the carb attaches to since the one hole wad half stripped out. Not that i wanted to cut in the rain, took it out to the log pile and cut with it for a while. Should have kept the 345, I'm pretty sure it would out cut the 450. Glad it's finished at any rate. Give it back to the guy next week when I see him at work.
I've always liked the 450, it's my favorite stock ranch saw. Its got the nice top cover clips, unlike the 340/345/350. The 450 is the same basic specs as the 353, good little saws.

Got the mess out front cleaned up a bit.
4 nice locust logs, and a smaller mulberry log I diced up for firewood.
Box elder that broke in the last storm out.
View attachment 1160683View attachment 1160684
Is this what yours looked like Matt.
View attachment 1160685
Used the baby saw since I had it out, wasn't worth the time going and grabbing a bigger one.
View attachment 1160687
Hoping don't run out of scrounged wood.
View attachment 1160688
What’s that Stihl doing in the picture,no luv for Hoosky, Lol 😆 👍, yea I know I’m not loyal either, lol 😆

Didn't mention, this happened today. Since it was raining today we did our running around pretty early in the morning. My wife found the chicken lady at tsc. She only wanted 2 to replace the chickens we lost over last summer, they will only sell 4 at a shot, and she tossed the black one in for free. Last one and she says it's a rooster. Brings up back up to 22 birds.

Attachments

• 20240309_143902.jpg
    20240309_143902.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
It’s a tough time of year for me

The trout are there, BUT, it’s also when the striped bass are running on the Hudson

The trout are 5min away, the best fishing is actually a little upstream

The stripers are a 20min ride and tow the boat, but a ton more rewarding

This was my old boat, got a bigger one now
View attachment 1160669
I bet those stripers (had to delete one 'p' after I checked the spelling lol) hit hard and are a lot of fun. I fish for their cousins, white bass, in the Fall walking the rocks along the Kaskaskia R. system here in IL. Hitting a 1/8 oz jig right next to the bank, they almost rip the rod out of your hands. Did catch a 24" Hybrid years ago on a 1/8 oz Rooster Tail. Took me a bit to land it.

Well I used to rebuild a lot is saws, that was a slug on top of a piston In a saw I was rebuilding….it sure looked like it ran with that on the piston because I had to pry it off, I still wonder what it was from….I kept it as a “trophy” for awhile and eventually got thrown out….i had seen a lot of crazy **** in saws but that was a first!!!
I can’t imagine that making it in the exhaust port because it sure isn’t getting past transfers.

Think it was an attempt at a “pop-up” piston?

I can’t imagine that making it in the exhaust port because it sure isn’t getting past transfers.

Think it was an attempt at a “pop-up” piston?
Pop up piston absolutely not…this was a clamshell saw that had never been apart…
Nothing made it in there, it was already in there….i still am mystified by it..shown it to some “real” saw builders and they were shocked too….maybe it was the first saw made on a Monday or last made on a Friday lol

My turns coming. Having a tough time accepting it's time to begin parting with a lifetime accumulation.
I'm early 70's, eyes acting up. I don't shoot much anymore. I've got a number of firearms and a lot of reloading equipment and supplies. If (when) my time comes the wife would trash a lot of it with no idea of the value. I can't/don't use it much anymore and it's coming time to accept reality and pass it along. Just hard to accept that reality.

I'm early 70's, eyes acting up. I don't shoot much anymore. I've got a number of firearms and a lot of reloading equipment and supplies. If (when) my time comes the wife would trash a lot of it with no idea of the value. I can't/don't use it much anymore and it's coming time to accept reality and pass it along. Just hard to accept that reality.
No sons or nephew or daughters or nieces that know what to do with the goodies you’ll leave behind?

Back