Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spray it and keep spraying it.
I can't remember the name of the stuff, but I talked with one of the guys that dies rhe spraying for work, and he reccomended a few different things. Said early spring while it's pushing new shoots is the time to spray bamboo. Well see, I got about a month ish till it starts sprouting again.

I can't remember the name of the stuff, but I talked with one of the guys that dies rhe spraying for work, and he reccomended a few different things. Said early spring while it's pushing new shoots is the time to spray bamboo. Well see, I got about a month ish till it starts sprouting again.
Yeah...from what I've read about it you have to go scorched earth on it for a few years to get it under control.

Yeah...from what I've read about it you have to go scorched earth on it for a few years to get it under control.
I gotta look at the bottle again, but I'm pretty sure one was some sort of ground clear. He reccomeded 3 products, one was generic round up, which I keep on hand. The other two I can't remember off the top of my head. I had to get this de ionized something or other to add to the mix. Something about it breaks up any oils/waxes and let's the stuff absorb better.

I gotta look at the bottle again, but I'm pretty sure one was some sort of ground clear. He reccomeded 3 products, one was generic round up, which I keep on hand. The other two I can't remember off the top of my head. I had to get this de ionized something or other to add to the mix. Something about it breaks up any oils/waxes and let's the stuff absorb better.
If your generic RU is 41%. You need at least a 5% solution. Mix some non ionic surfactant with it to make it stick better to the leaves.

You think they will follow me threw the trails ,lol
Yes they will/do. The batch we currently have is overly friendly. I can't do anything outside without a group of them following me around. It's to the point where ill lead them into their run so I can do something outside. They do the same thing with our neighbor across the lane. If John out about half the chickens run over to his place to hang out.
If your generic RU is 41%. You need at least a 5% solution. Mix some non ionic surfactant with it to make it stick better to the leaves.
yes, I believe it is 41%. I have a bottle of thay surfactant stuff. Ill post pics of the stuff when I get home.

Back