Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The worst thing, if I don’t get my guys trained up, they take away my ability to pay them extra time on warranty repair jobs. They literally grab you by your balls and tell you you better play the game my way or else.

Meanwhile, I pulled my hair out trying to find guys that are half qualified and willing to work for what GM reimburses you under warranty time. And then after I hire them, I can’t even let them touch a warranty repair until they get trained, and what’s the motivation to get trained? Get paid 2/3 of the time the customer pay repair?

I’m sure your brother-in-law and I be able to share some great stories over a beer!!

View attachment 1165166
I understand this predicament all too well... Be careful, it can lead to excessive drinking. 😉

The guy who's giving me the pile of Mulberry I posted earlier, cut down a Bradford Pear. I took it so he wouldn't have to move to his burn pile. How does it burn?
Mulberry has a higher btu rating James.
It splits a little odd, so it doesn't stack as nice as others, but I'd take it if I needed wood.

Fast and (not) hot!
Yuck!
It burns great when dry. Just doesn't provide a lot of heat or last very long as mentioned. But it works OK for shoulder season and it is made of wood so I burn it when I get it for free.
Beats a snowball!
The guy who's giving me the pile of Mulberry I posted earlier, cut down a Bradford Pear. I took it so he wouldn't have to move to his burn pile. How does it burn?
Mulberry is fantastic firewood it throws the heat!

Nothing surprises me when it comes to cars. Probably why I've become a car Luddite... the less tech the better! The $1,000+ tail lights in the new Ford PUs is one example of a stupid "improvement." When used as a work truck broken tail lights are pretty common... especially if you go off-road.
Shiiiiiiiii most of my cars did not cost me $1000 for the whole thing 😂

Bradford burns pretty decent. It takes a bit to dry. Keep it off the ground.

We've put in a few Blueprint Engines and they've been good. I'm sure you'll be happy.
For the money it’s a no brainer . New block with roller cam . Aluminum heads 5 year warranty that doesn’t void because owner installed . Hope to install it in the next few weeks

Back