Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost looks like a 10-22 mag.

How the heck did you luck up and find two matching pairs? You got the deer fenced in? lol
It’s one match and one set of two mis-matched

I’ve spent a bit of time putting in the miles walking

And yeah, Winchester made the rifle to accept 10/22 mags. Not sure how they got past the copyright issue

I wish I took a pic of the second one in the woods, but I forgot. The table pic was from when I was trying to figure out if it was the match

The match set was a wild find
Yeah I remember you posting those a month or so ago, I thought you had found yet another set!

So cool you found a Box Turtle, I love them things! Don't see them very often anymore. The can live to be over 100 years old!
Our place is like a box turtle preservatory. That have bred on our hillsides for years. Have seen as high as twenty different ones per year. It's amazing the variations in patterns. Will load a couple pics if I run across them.

Remember these Ford Econoline Pick Ups? My Scout Master had one... I remember him being stuck at the Klondike Derby on a grade. A bunch of Scout leaders pushed him a long ways up the hill... With the low payload capacity they wouldn't have been much use for firewood scrounging...
View attachment 1166397
Neighbor has one he restored. Tweety bird yellow.

Need some help on this guys.
So I've been trying to figure out for a while now, what type of oaks I have here at the house. Tonight when splitting, I found them quite noticeably different.
Not sure, but guessing the more red one is red oak (right piece), and the smoother thin bark and darker color is black oak?
View attachment 1165721
Here's a piece of the stuff on the left from the bark side, nearly looks like maple.
View attachment 1165722
Same piece flipped over.
View attachment 1165723
Right piece is certainly red oak. Left piece i would guess swamp oak. Nice wood

I figured that's where you would go. All the metal put on here came from them. They had a place in Shippensburg but sold it to the guys that were running the place. One of my favorite places to go for stuff. They even have the bar oil.:happybanana:
Really there isn't anywhere else around to get it. Tried getting a quote from everlast roofing, they don't deal with the public directly, my uncle was supposed to get me a quote from them. (His friend has a commercial account with them.) But that never happened.
Calico roofing is in Martin's old building and sells "seconds" at a decent price, but the trim, screws, calking etc makes up for any savings in the price of the tin, no guarantee for having the color you want in stock, and no warranty on the paint. Made them pretty unattractive.
Lowes, home depot, Lebanon building supply are just nuts on price and don't cut to order the lengths you need. Plus if you need something custom made Martin's will make it for you. If they weren't an hour drive I'd get more stuff from them, really nice hardware selection, indoor lumber yard, all kinds of tools. Great place to burn up money.
Jumping topics ....... Anyone in here a gravely walk behind tractor guru?
I'm not, but my father in law has 6 running and a few he keeps for parts. I know some parts are a real bugger to get for them anymore. I'd be happy to pick his brain on your behalf.

One on mp here.
On AS or locally to you? There's one for $400 not too far from me.

I haven't had much luck buying running saws from people. When I ask them to remove the muffler cover for piston pics people get weirded out for some reason.

So I stick to buying parts and build my own.

World Engine Production Bases​

Honda produces small engines at 5 production facilities worldwide. Our production capacity is well over 7 million units. Engines for the U.S. market are primarily sourced from the U.S., Japan, and Thailand.
1711974635400.png

I re-engined a Woods Zero turn with a Predator V after the second Briggs, (interesting motor, came from a failed mower company prototype, found the crank full of small plastic beads. Cleaned them out and it ran for several years before it died, my fault, they don't run long after the drain plug falls out :angry: )
Vanguard was a beast, more power than the Briggs and was running great when I bought a newer mower.

Latest posts

Back