Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My daughters cell phone takes better pictures than mine, so here is one she sent me showing how my tax dollars are being used to ruin my once pristine view up in the Catskills! I'm totally disgusted over it!
Just a lousy picture for you. Think what the whales are going through…
🤬

Does anyone know if the older 288s had some sort of limiter or governor?
Just got a project saw running…idles great but sounds strange at wot.
I don’t have any limited saws to compare. Sound is similar to an engine bouncing off the rev limiter, to me.
There's an odd screw on the front of them next to the bar...
But as Sean said, many of the two series saws had some sort of governor in the carb, never personally dealt with them though.
@huskihl know anything about these?
View attachment 1170386

Can I play too? Any guesses?
Looks like you got a new best friend lol.
Old barn doors were all sliders. All you need is a track on the bottom with roller wheels on the door. Up top you need a guard to hold the door from falling out.
A track on top of my pretty new concrete :crazy2:. I need a picture of that.
Also, I want it as airtight as possible.
Yesterday I as pissed off. Last Fall I bought a Craftsman leaf picker upper with a branch chipper for cheap money. It has a Briggs 675 motor on it. I wanted to change the oil in it. The idiots didn't put an oil drain plug on these motors. I had to flip it up and over to drain the oil out of it. What the hell is wrong with companies to do something that stupid.
Maybe they thought everything would be electric by now ;).
FIL used a steel panel slider on the inside of his barn. His logic was that he didn't have to shovel snow to open it like if it out was on the outside after a snow storm.
That's smart. How'd it work.
Might want to pick up some wheel cylinders while your there. The right side in the pic shows it's over extended to me. jmho :cool: OT
Looks like it just needs to be centered up.
My daughters cell phone takes better pictures than mine, so here is one she sent me showing how my tax dollars are being used to ruin my once pristine view up in the Catskills! I'm totally disgusted over it!
I hate those things. I see them not working all the time, big hunks of junk that have cost us millions of dollars each and they will never return that kind of money to us. Then on top of that, the electric companies charge us more money because they are required to use them :dumb:.
It's all part of the lie, just like the endless wars, the cause of the border issues, and so many other things happening in this crap show.

But as Sean said, many of the two series saws had some sort of governor in the carb, never personally dealt with them though.
@huskihl know anything about these?
Not much, but a little. I’m not really certain how the governor works if it has one. There’s a large diameter brass screw on the side of the carburetor and you can remove it and block off the inside with a disk from an aluminum can. The others I’ve seen are similar to carburetors from later on with a good sized auxiliary jet that always flows and then the H screw adds more fuel to it. Sometimes that fixed jet provides too much fuel and it can be filled and then drilled smaller

Not much, but a little. I’m not really certain how the governor works if it has one. There’s a large diameter brass screw on the side of the carburetor and you can remove it and block off the inside with a disk from an aluminum can. The others I’ve seen are similar to carburetors from later on with a good sized auxiliary jet that always flows and then the H screw adds more fuel to it. Sometimes that fixed jet provides too much fuel and it can be filled and then drilled smaller
That’s what I have, carb wise. Oe, 228
I haven’t checked the rpm specs for this saw yet but assume it won’t be running at 13k :p
I’ll also run this saw with 40:1 at a minimum and 32 isn’t out of the question.

Ridiculous the amount of “solar farms” all over now

Can’t understand why people sell off their land for the nonsense
A lot of people are renting their land for windmills and solar array fields. This rent more than pays for their high taxes. You would be shocked at what they pay for rent. Battery fields pay in 6-7 figures.

I hate those things. I see them not working all the time, big hunks of junk that have cost us millions of dollars each and they will never return that kind of money to us. Then on top of that, the electric companies charge us more money because they are required to use them :dumb:.
It's all part of the lie, just like the endless wars, the cause of the border issues, and so many other things happening in this crap shshow.
This is how politicians get to be millionaires with insider trading. They start talking about all these programs that they are going to sponsor and pass
Then they go out and invest heavily on them.

A lot of people are renting their land for windmills and solar array fields. This rent more than pays for their high taxes. You would be shocked at what they pay for rent. Battery fields pay in 6-7 figures.
Local utility wanted to lease my land the back field about 5 acres for a solar array . It was lucrative but decided against it really don’t want to look at solar panels .

This is how politicians get to be millionaires with insider trading. They start talking about all these programs that they are going to sponsor and pass
Then they go put and invest heavily on them.
I have literally been saying for a couple of decades that the way to end poverty in this country is for everybody to serve in either congress or the senate. Everyone that goes to washington leaves a multi-millionaire. Poverty problem solved.

Local utility wanted to lease my land the back field about 5 acres for a solar array . It was lucrative but decided against it really don’t want to look at solar panels .
One windmill on our hill would cover all our taxes plus each year. I don't think we would be able to see it. Even a cell tower would cover our taxes. The taxes are close to $16k a year.

One windmill on our hill would cover all our taxes plus each year. I don't think we would be able to see it. Even a cell tower would cover our taxes. The taxes are close to $16k a year.
What about your neighbors . After I turned them down they approached my neighbors who had open land one was across the street . He also flat out refused even though there is no way he would even see them but I would . He approached me when they did I told him I sent them packing he said he told them to go have coitus with themselves too .

The Miramichi river was running fast and high on Monday after the rain we got last week. It was impossible to get a fly down to the salmon, so we continued on to the coast to fish stripers. The run isn't in full swing yet, but we managed to catch and release enough that we lost count. One keeper came home with me for the fryer. It took us a while to find the stripers, but we found them holding up in shallow bays where the water is a few degrees warmer.

Yesterday was a different story, the flow had calmed down enough that we could effectively fish slack pockets in the river where salmon will hold. Scrounged this one up swinging a 2/0 streamer. Hard to beat fighting these fish on a fly rod. It took me the better part of 15 minutes to bring it in, every time I got it close to the boat, it would go on a run and peel out all the progress I made. Messenger_creation_a6cccb61-b5e3-449c-b6cc-b816ec903cbb.jpeg

Anyone mill tulip poplar ? Tree guy called yesterday has two big straight trees coming down . Says about 20 foot from base to first limb . Also about 36inch at the base
Tulip poplar is a clear wood that takes stain well. It's used a lot for trim as the price of pine has come up. It should mill fairly easy, it's probably worth getting if you need some nice clear boards.

Tulip poplar is a clear wood that takes stain well. It's used a lot for trim as the price of pine has come up. It should mill fairly easy, it's probably worth getting if you need some nice clear boards.
Pretty much it’s a poplar isn’t it ? Not great firewood but if I don’t care for the boards I can still burn it

That one windmill will contaminate you4 land for the rest of your life. Do some research on it.
What about your neighbors . After I turned them down they approached my neighbors who had open land one was across the street . He also flat out refused even though there is no way he would even see them but I would . He approached me when they did I told him I sent them packing he said he told them to go have coitus with themselves too .
Pretty sad a large farmer in a town a bit north of uus was pushing for the windmills, he has thousands of acres and put them on it. He doesn't realize or doesn't care about the fact that when the blades delaminate that they pollute/contaminate the ground he plants on.

Ridiculous the amount of “solar farms” all over now

Can’t understand why people sell off their land for the nonsense
Around me everyone sells out the family farm to developers for luxury apartments and townhomes. Don't get me wrong I like the town center and grocery close to my house, even though they mowed down a huge orchard for it, but cramming as many apartment units as they can into a random hay field looks tacky imho.

And dont get me started on the dollar generals

Anyone mill tulip poplar ? Tree guy called yesterday has two big straight trees coming down . Says about 20 foot from base to first limb . Also about 36inch at the base
Like chipper said, it's great for cheapo cabinets, takes stain very well and mills pretty dang easy. I burn it over shoulder season. Dint burn real hot or long, but is perfect for those nights where you just want to take the chill out of the house and nit have continuous heat.
We have tons of them around here, last one I delt with was closer to 42" dbh, it was on top of (fell down) the neighbors sand mount and not at a good place to take out in board lengths. (Not to mention I couldn't get equipment big enough back where it was to get it out in 8+ foot lengths.) Cut it up into 2 and 4 foot sections. Dad will end up with a bunch of little boards for making his deer skull mounts and the rest is going in the wood shed.

The Miramichi river was running fast and high on Monday after the rain we got last week. It was impossible to get a fly down to the salmon, so we continued on to the coast to fish stripers. The run isn't in full swing yet, but we managed to catch and release enough that we lost count. One keeper came home with me for the fryer. It took us a while to find the stripers, but we found them holding up in shallow bays where the water is a few degrees warmer.

Yesterday was a different story, the flow had calmed down enough that we could effectively fish slack pockets in the river where salmon will hold. Scrounged this one up swinging a 2/0 streamer. Hard to beat fighting these fish on a fly rod. It took me the better part of 15 minutes to bring it in, every time I got it close to the boat, it would go on a run and peel out all the progress I made. View attachment 1170633
Nice looking fish. Sure beats working!
1/4 ounce gets down pretty quickly in most situations, but in the grand river next to the dam we'd use 3/4-7/8oz you don't want to hit with one of those lol.

Latest posts

Back