Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s how I do it, just filing the right teeth with my left hand is a little tricky since I’m right handed. I get by adequately just takes more time than I think it would
I move to the other side of the saw and use my right hand for both sides, or if I'm at the house flip the saw upside down in the vise. Sharpening left handed is doable for me, but it takes so much longer to try and stay semi consistent it's not worth the effort i put in trying to pay attention. Besides that, if I get too far off the grinder will bring it back in.

Yea I make do without taking it off it’s just a matter of supporting the bar to keep it from moving while also getting proper pressure and angle with the file. It would be a luxury to me to at least have a vice to clamp the bar

You could use a C clamp to hold your saw bar against an object.

Did get a bit more wood split the other day while tending to the fire. Still have a large portion of the Maple to take down at a buddies. I removed all the branches I could reach with the pole saw, got one 10" branch off the ladder, and a bunch off the roof. I hauled off the debris with the 20' trailer, pretty good load. Next move is dropping the main, but I need to be on top of it as his yard is small and the tree ain't.
This is before I started on the Maple, it's the one in front of the white house.
20240419_140802.jpg
Bucket of wood from the first load, lots more to go, both from this tree and the round pile.
20240425_204205.jpg
20240425_211154.jpg

Load 10, all oak and cherry. It's OK if you wood snobs (and you know who you are) want to be just a little jealous. I won't be upset, I promise.
View attachment 1173570
I see the pile of logs is going down. Nice looking wood... easy to split. But you're making me tired just watching you. At least, you're not hauling it out of there by wheelbarrow. :laugh:

Back