Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you still know how to use that wheelbarrow @H-Ranch was beginning to worry after only seeing days of pickup loads. You and @Cowboy254 have been on a farwood mission of late. There are others here tilting the balance of wood scrounging to other stuff also. You know who you are. Haven't been able to get any chainsaw therapy myself in months, but it hasn't kept me from eating well.
IMG_2880.jpg
Breaking in the $6 pan this am.
IMG_2881.jpg
Here you go @Pjohnson
IMG_2882.jpg
Waited to break them when I flipped em. haha
Bacon, eggs and cornbread suits me just fine.

Easiest header instal ever . One tiny glitch the #2 rear bolt wouldn’t make the angle in . Thought of using a stud or shorter bolt but decided to just heat it up a bit and dimple it . Didn’t take much at all . Headman was willing to sent out a new set under warranty. But it was so minor I decided not go that route . But other than that no modifications to them or the truck needed . Guess it’s true you get what you pay for . I like that they are made in America IMG_8339.jpegIMG_8341.jpegIMG_8342.jpeg

Glad you still know how to use that wheelbarrow @H-Ranch was beginning to worry after only seeing days of pickup loads. You and @Cowboy254 have been on a farwood mission of late. There are others here tilting the balance of wood scrounging to other stuff also. You know who you are. Haven't been able to get any chainsaw therapy myself in months, but it hasn't kept me from eating well.
View attachment 1173961
Breaking in the $6 pan this am.
View attachment 1173962
Here you go @Pjohnson
View attachment 1173963
Waited to break them when I flipped em. haha
Bacon, eggs and cornbread suits me just fine.
I've been distracted from scrounging lately too. Went out to the log yard today and found 3-4 of my loads of Bk Locust just lying there waiting for me. Hopefully tomorrow... needs to dry out a bit for my 2WD truck to get in there.

I remember (too well) installing Hooker Headers on FE Ford motors (big blocks, for those not familiar) in 67-70 Mustangs with shock towers.

Had to disconnect one motor mount at a time and raise the engine up a pinch, there were 4 bolts / tube, and many needed an open-end wrench that had to be flipped each time you tightened the bolt a bit.

It was ALWAYS an all day long frustrating process, but the end results were worth it. Good thing I was much younger and more agile back then! I would not enjoy doing it again now.

I remember (too well) installing Hooker Headers on FE Ford motors (big blocks, for those not familiar) in 67-70 Mustangs with shock towers.

Had to disconnect one motor mount at a time and raise the engine up a pinch, there were 4 bolts / tube, and many needed an open-end wrench that had to be flipped each time you tightened the bolt a bit.

It was ALWAYS and all day long frustrating process, but the end results were worth it. Good thing I was much younger and more agile back then! I would not enjoy doing it again now.
When i put headers on my 73 f250 360 fe I got the 2 piece headers for it. Did my 75 with one piece headers and that was enough to make me cuss worse then i normally do.

Load 13. To you @Cowboy254. :laughing:
20240501_133441.jpg
I did have to take a few minutes this morning on another scrounge to support my scrounging.
20240501_105442.jpg
Some of my pallets are probably at least 10 years old and need to be replaced. A few of these are oak and most have 4 runners which I like for double stacking - that way each row is supported at both ends and the pallet is less likely to break.

Latest posts

Back