Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's for sure... around here locals have been taking the money and running as the Brooklyn invasion has driven real estate prices up significantly. A few years ago the USPS reported that the greatest number of address changes were to a local ZIP Code... Gang bangers, shootings and homicides are now a common thing whereas in the past there were many years we had no shootings or homicides. The volume of open air heroin users is so big that there is a mobile treatment van cruising around to the places the abusers hang out... There are free NARCAN dispensers and lots of graffiti... Hard to say all this "new money" has improved the community.
Those folks do provide some entertainment… One guy on Nextdoor asked: “What do you do when your mower gets stuck trying to go uphill?”

Any suggestions? 😉

P.S. Some of the women who responded were on the savage side. LOL

It's always scary when a good neighbor moves. Never know what you will get!
Tell me about it, most my neighbors are older couples save for one or two. I practically am.havung night terrors with a house being up for sale down the lane from me. Lots of citidiots driving back the lane to look at it.
Looks like a nice spot for it with the grade.
I need to buy a small panel to use as a sub for the other side, and I need to buy heavy wire to run to it, I've got all the 12/2 and 14/2 I need and then a ton more, sure that and the wire to run the house off the same meter as the barn won't be cheap.
I did scrounge up a little something for inside the main bay of the barn(no not the quad lol).
View attachment 1175195
Also spent 300 on the new brakes for the back of the excursion.
Before picture.
View attachment 1175196
Nice! I'm a bit jealous lol. Future plans to get a lift, but that's a ways off right now.
Honestly, I'm not even sure where a single recept or light is going in the shop yet. I have supply wire, lots of 8-3, 14-2 and some 12-2. Guess I should come up with some sort of plan here soon. All I'm really worried about right now is not needing to run 3 extension cords to make the circular saw run and charge batteries for the drill and driver.

night terrors with a house being up for sale down the lane from me
Not sure whether to laugh or cry at that, but man do I understand it. 5 houses on our private drive - I think we are pretty stable for a while. The widow that owns the property backing up to us on the next road has talked about moving within a couple of years though.

For the guys who are into this stuff
Shaw barrel
Oversized bolt handle with new recoil spring
New firing pin and spring
Have new trigger group coming and trigger with positive stop

I can look up all the name brands if guys are interested

My stock one is plenty accurate, but you know…
Boys and their toys

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at that, but man do I understand it. 5 houses on our private drive - I think we are pretty stable for a while. The widow that owns the property backing up to us on the next road has talked about moving within a couple of years though.
We have about 10 back my lane, although it's about 6 different owners and a few renters. We all pretty much keep to ourselves, save the one a-hole. So a house going up for sale is a big deal back here. Would only take 1 idiot and the township to make everyone's life hell back here.
You sir, need to gift yourself a battery circ saw. It will change your world. My recommendation.
View attachment 1175342
I just don't use one often enough to justify replacing any of my corded tools.
Don't forget the battery op'd chainsaw to keep him company!
I had one, and just gave it away. Not that it wasn't handy for little things, but it just didn't have the snot that even my ms192tc had. The guy I gave it to thinks it's amazing and probably won't ever touch his little gas saw again. Just not for me.

Latest posts

Back