Scythe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck no! She is just plain scary! You just don't go around cutting off things like that. Really they should have locked her up and thrown away the key.

What I was trying to convey is some women might get offended being called a man n kick him in the man parts. (n run like hell) NOT separate him from his man parts! :msp_scared:

I only did that once and that was several decades ago as self defense. He quit his attack and just dropped to the floor. Right after that, I swore I would never ever do that again, be it in self defense or otherwise.

I did decide I may just post a video of myself in action, not with a scythe, but rather with a chainsaw. I mentioned it over on the firewood forum in post #16 of this thread:
http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/244534-2.htm

I'm figuring on making two videos, one camera being on my helmet so y'all can hopefully see what I'm seeing and the other on a tripod from a bystanders perspective. I will likely post at least one of those videos.

I think I may do a trial run felling a young Poplar (maybe 9 inches across) just to make sure I can get the angle of the camera on my helmet right. The purpose of the video won't be as a learning tool, but just to show how an old lady gets err done! :msp_smile:

Last edited:
I got them For Annie, she has a passion for anything with a blade or old or wooden, these are all three.

That they do. But I do have a question. Does she intend to use them or just use them as decoration? Or perhaps both? If she's going ot use them, she will definitely need a whetstone to keep them sharp. The one shaped like a torpedo really works well.

You did get one heck of a deal though especially with the condition they're in, and on here I think it's a requirement (and given as a compliment) to give you a big YOU SUCK

I do use mine about every 2 or 3 weeks to clear a 225 foot x 4 foot strip across the road and some slopes if they become too overgrown with weeds.

When winter comes, I intend to sand the snath and nibs n then stain them black. I haven't figured out what to do about the metal parts since I do want to prevent them from rusting or rusting any further.

When winter comes, I intend to sand the snath and nibs n then stain them black. I haven't figured out what to do about the metal parts since I do want to prevent them from rusting or rusting any further.

3M makes a rust converter product but it's kind of pricey. Works great and leaves a charcoal color finish on the metal.

Latest posts

Back