Second time milling.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin good. What year is the old Ford? Reminds me of my Dad's 78. He bought 2 new Fords that year, an F350 for him to run estimates in, and an F600 dump to wear me out in, Joe.

Thanks.Ye old truck is a 77. ;)

Thanks for all the responses everybody!
I have been enjoying the scabbards so much I thought maybe all my vehicles could use one! :laugh:

IMG_1138.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

I just got back from working on getting some more logs to mill....trading labor cutting tops and some smaller/crooked oaks for firewood for the logs...a couple small white oaks,one middlin size red oak,one big white pine and two small white pines.

Hopefully in the next two weeks or so I will get some more milling in.
:cheers:

Last edited:
I think you should turn the scabbards 180º. If the brakes are hit hard quickly on the motorbike the occky strap is not hold and the saw will take the riders left shoulder out.

The ones on the truck could lob on the vehicle in front.

Other than that what a great idea and I'm definitely going to make some for my van!

I think you should turn the scabbards 180º. If the brakes are hit hard quickly on the motorbike the occky strap is not hold and the saw will take the riders left shoulder out.

The ones on the truck could lob on the vehicle in front.

Other than that what a great idea and I'm definitely going to make some for my van!

Thanks for the concern BobL.

No worrys,that bungie cord is a bit tighter then maybe it looks? If I'm stopping hard enough to snap it I likely got bigger problems.:msp_scared: :dizzy:
Likewise I strap the ones down on the truck as well...That pic was right after I put them together and as always I was eager to see if something I made actually worked!:laugh:

However with that in mind I think I will start doubling up on tie downs.

How is your shop coming along?

Looking forward to seeing some BobL custom saw holding scabbards!:cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks for the concern BobL.

No worrys,that bungie cord is a bit tighter then maybe it looks? If I'm stopping hard enough to snap it I likely got bigger problems.:msp_scared: :dizzy:
Likewise I strap the ones down on the truck as well...That pic was right after I put them together and as always I was eager to see if something I made actually worked!:laugh:

I'm the same - like the time I wanted to take a photo of a newly repainted saw and was not paying attention to the chain and it ended up on backwards.

How is your shop coming along?
The Electrician has prewired the interior and I'm working on the lining so he can the finish up.
Here's a recent photo of one end of the inside.
attachment.php
]
This end of the new part of the shed is the metal - machine maintenance work end. The wall cavity is insulated with Rock wool fibres and the clad in mini-profile corrugated iron so it can withstand sparks from welding and grinding etc. I'm planning a small vented welding bench on one side of the end wall. Next to that will be a small metal working lathe. I figure with oil and lube splashing off the lathe a metal finish will be better than pretty well anything else.

The rest is being insulated with aluminised plastic aircell insulation. Currently I'm installing steel C-CHannel wall studs which will then be clad in plain plasterboard (Termites will have to have pretty good teeth to get into this structure) I have been pretty busy at the day job so it's taking some time to get all this done

Looking forward to seeing some BobL custom saw holding scabbards!:cheers:
Could be a while . . . . .

Looking real good!
That's very different construction then I am used to seeing,but it sound's like the way to go given your termite problems and the heat you all get down there...not to mention the oil and flying sparks:D

Glad to see your getting room to spread out.
Everybody should have a shop.

Cheers!

Back