Seized Up 075 - Ideas?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics

Only two pics I have of the saw completely assembled. They're from the auction listing. It looks to be in great shape (though dirty) in the pics, though auction pictures have been deceiving in the past. I was happy to find that it was in even better shape than it looked when it arrived.
attachment.php

attachment.php

After a quick run through the parts washer.
attachment.php

Cleanest flywheel I've ever seen on a used saw that's 30+ years old. I was glad I didn't have to take the dental picks to it like I had to for my 031.
attachment.php

Quite a bit of the original paint still on the muffler. And if I had to bet, I'd say the rust is from storage...and NOT from use.
attachment.php

2 More...

The flywheel cover is in excellent shape. A run through the parts washer...some polishing...and some new nameplate rivets, and it should look great.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow that piston looks like it was lean seized before it was stored. I don't see any major signs of water damage really; hopefully your crank etc. will be OK. Otherwise a really nice saw though!

Yeah, it's hard to tell because up until that picture, there was a ton of corrosion on that piston. There are signs in the combustion chamber of water damage in the form of small pits on the cylinder wall...but the rest of the visible cylinder looks great. I really won't know what I have until I can get the thing apart.

Luckily...due to it's sharing it's block with cement saws...there's plenty of rebuild parts available...even if they're aftermarket.

The 075 is free'd up. Score one for the grease method.

My dad sent some pics. I'll post them up later.

Oh, and he said it definitely is water damage from storage. The pictures don't look so good. I'm wondering if the crankcase will even be any good :censored: He hasn't split it yet though....things could look better...or worse when he does.

Last edited:
These are the only pics he sent over. He said that the crankcase should cleanup alright, and that the crank bearings appear to be good. Apparently the water in the crankcase didn't get that high.

He said the rod was tight but loosened up immediately after being sprayed with some WD40. He seems to be the most worried about the piston pin now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

i might have that cyl sitting on my rack at home. i have one of those crazy cyls with the ports on one side like that and some 075 parts so maybe.....
i can look after i get back in a few days.

piston.... probably not.

i might have that cyl sitting on my rack at home. i have one of those crazy cyls with the ports on one side like that and some 075 parts so maybe.....
i can look after i get back in a few days.

piston.... probably not.

Thanks for the offer! They used that style of cylinder on a few different saws. I don't think any were bigger than the 58mm bore this one has though. Definitely let me know if you do have one...when you get a chance to check...and what you need for it. One less part to track down would be great! :)

Latest posts

Back