Sell 361 for 462?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
totally agree, the 362 has more low end torque than my 361, which I really like......
Really??? My 361 with a muffler mod easily out cuts my stock 362CM and 562XP.
Not to mention the added bonus of a non-electro magic carburetor.
Self-tuning saws are great until they aren't and your out in the middle of nowhere on a Sunday cutting wood.

Really??? My 361 with a muffler mod easily out cuts my stock 362CM and 562XP.
Not to mention the added bonus of a non-electro magic carburetor.
Self-tuning saws are great until they aren't and your out in the middle of nowhere on a Sunday cutting wood.
mine is muffler modded also, i used my friends 362 last month for comparison and we both agreed his 362 has sooo much more low end grunt.....his is completely stock, maybe a year old......mine is a low hour saw also...

462 I have had for a while now, for.me it replaced my 60cc saw, it's perfect for a 20" bar, it lacks true torque in hardwoods to cut with anything bigger then a 24" IMO. Great saw, look forward to porting it soon. To me they don't balance well w anything over a 24", and the oiler is typical Stihl stingy to run anything over that too. Still my favorite saw right now for firewood duty.

Did you press in the pin to get it to the maximum??

One more
d0f1e30de4e4286099912c7b311b5f69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What dawgs did you install?

mine is muffler modded also, i used my friends 362 last month for comparison and we both agreed his 362 has sooo much more low end grunt.....his is completely stock, maybe a year old......mine is a low hour saw also...
Granted, my saw is totally stock, no MM, but I definitely wish it had more low end torque. I can bog down the chain and stop it easier than expected for a saw that is rated at 4.4 HP. As long as the chain speed stays up, it will slice right through some big stuff. Every once in a while I'll get into a big piece of wood, or something really dense, and that chain will bog down. More low end grunt in those situations would be nice....

Back