Sell or sit on em for awhile?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sell them. I bet if you look at virtually any saw, and adjust for inflation, the NIB price wouldn't be significantly more than purchase price. There might be a handful of exceptions, but a 372 was too mass produced to ever be considered an investment. The Solo Twin was introduced in 1965. If it sold for $500 then, that would only be ~$3500 today. If I remember correctly, a couple of never-run Twins sold a year or so ago. One was in the neighborhood of $2500 and the other was ~$3300.

AND with that said... even the Stihl 090 has not significantly appreciated in value.

Agree, I watched a NIB 090 last year top out arounf $2,500 guessing the adjusted cost from the original MSRP puts the cost round about the same... and believe they still sell in other countries for around $2k USD.

dw

I looked into my crystal ball and it said to sell 'em now. I thought "That's funny, thing usually tells me to keep stuff." So I looked again. Low and behold this time it said to keep 'em. Then I shook it up really good, because I've found that helps me get a straight answer out of it and it said to sell 'em again. Just to be sure, after typing all that I glanced one more time and now it says to keep 'em.

Yeah, I know, me and my glass orb are hardly the helpful types.:hmm3grin2orange:

Mr. HE:cool:

I've had a Madsens XPW still new in the box for years, it's right next to a NIB 440. No plans to sell either one.

I'd sell when the opportunity for profit comes along. Its like saving a Hyundai Accent in hopes maybe one day it'll be a collector item. Bigger and better things come along, and people wont even think about the past models. With auto tune and other advancements, people using their saws as work saws will want the newest and greatest. The modern day saws i fear wont be "collector items" like the old saws were. Granted i will always have a soft spot for 372s, i'd never fork out large amounts for it.

Latest posts

Back