Semi chisel vs chisel on longer bars

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, touch it up every few cuts. Sometimes I have to do that in certain wood…not a big deal. I never expect to cut all day on one sharpening.
I've never gotten the hang of hand filing worth a damn. I'd rather put a sharp chain on and then just sharpen the dull ones when I get home on my grinder. Just how I roll, but hey, you just keep touching up your chains as you go if that's what works for you.

I've never gotten the hang of hand filing worth a damn. I'd rather put a sharp chain on and then just sharpen the dull ones when I get home on my grinder. Just how I roll, but hey, you just keep touching up your chains as you go if that's what works for you.
Just gotta keep hand filing it comes rather easily specially out in the woods round or square witch is more demanding for sure but once u get the hang of it it goes quickly here’s a hand square filed

Attachments

• 143DEB0E-4E59-418E-BE78-F50CA791C6FD.jpeg
    143DEB0E-4E59-418E-BE78-F50CA791C6FD.jpeg
    942.7 KB · Views: 0
yep files for out in the field , then give them full treatment at home if needed. was out cutting honey locust Mon. went quite a ways with first chain teeth down to end of life. so when dulled put a different one about half life left. Must have found some real loaded dirty bark as only lasted a short time and just stopped cutting. had to retreat to grinder problem solved. finished the day out on that chain. full chisel carlton 3/8 x.050 6400 Dolmar 20" bar. that bar is well used and was giving me fits last fall, closed up the rails and was ok.

Latest posts

Back