Sequim Contest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike,

I received a call from Kevin Dunnavin who is from Cottage Grove, Oregon that he won all three chainsaw catagories, 5 cu., 6 cu., and 6 and over. He used
3/8" pitch "thin to win" Carton chain. I believe Rotax Robert Andrews won his his catagory with the Preditor.

Art Martin

Mike,

I received a call from Kevin Dunnavin who is from Cottage Grove, Oregon that he won all three chainsaw catagories, 5 cu., 6 cu., and 6 and over. He used
3/8" pitch "thin to win" Carton chain. I believe Rotax Robert Andrews won his his catagory with the Preditor. Art Martin

That's great! Good for Kevin.....I heard he's got some new good running saws and not running Art's gas saws anymore......and what happen to Rotax Robert, cause I know he runs those "thin to win" chains too......Hahahahahahaha!

Last edited:
I know the saws well they came from this part of the country. The guy he bought them from is trying to keep it a secret . The 281 is an ok saw that would not place at an average show here. The 2100 runs ok but never beat us no matter what the true displacment of it is!!!!! The 3120 is ok it has a kind of funky NOS system on it that does not work. But all and all it would take more than a thin to win chain to make them competative here.

Rick

Last edited:
Rick,
Isn't that 3120 you mentioned the funky saw that Kevin bought from Dennis and had to spend another $600 to make it competitive? The P52 that Kevin runs is the saw that I sold him. I am selling all my equipment after 50 years of competing.

Robert Andrews is quite capable of making his own chains. His Preditor set a record of nine-tenths of a second on a 30" log.
Art Martin

Art Confused !!! LOL

Hey Art Have you ever won a big race with one of your chains or saws ???

Tommy,

You asked if I had won any big shows. Yes I did and many of them, but the biggest show my saws and chains won were in Fort Bragg and most rewarding was when they beat you and your tribe and you went ballistic in front of hundreds of people and you still carry the grudge. That was over 25 years ago.

Art

Tommy,

You asked if I had won any big shows. Yes I did and many of them, but the biggest show my saws and chains won were in Fort Bragg and most rewarding was when they beat you and your tribe and you went ballistic in front of hundreds of people and you still carry the grudge. That was over 25 years ago.

Art

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Art, you sir are a good man. :cheers:

Why don't you fellas go back to RS and stir the pot over there. We don't particularly want nor need it here.

Ian

Tommy,

Art

Fort Bragg, NC? That is 30 minutes from my place, do they stihl race there?

Tommy,

I know a lot of natives that live in North Fork, CA and I like them, but I dont like perverts. Your sister once said, "real men don't move". Were you given the boot or what, since I heard you left Ft. Bragg.

Art

LOL, just imagine if we were all in a bar, drunk.........:dizzy: :sword: :food: :crazy1: :smoking:

It would be the first and probably only time in history a brawl was started over chain sharpening... :greenchainsaw: :laugh: :laugh:

Cop #1: You're kidding?!

Cop #2: Nope. Saw it with my own eyes... One dude was sketching tooth angles on a napkin. Another dude said his napkins wouldn't cut for nuthin. Some other guy chimes in and pisses in the second dude's cheerios. Then everyone went nuts and all I could see was thrown punches and airborn PPE...

Cop #1: How come you always get the cool stuff?!?!

Tommy, Dennis, you can not make yourself look good by berating a man almost 80 years old. Mike (still here in the same town where he was born)

Who started this thread Rupedoggy?....."You" and you brought all this crap over from another site. You and Art set this up and now you're crying. You're as phony as they come......and you should feel real proud about starting this crap back again.

I wasn't at Sequim nor was Tom, or TJ, or you. I'am friends with Kevin and he did do well, but it is a podunk show and the competion is Rotax the drunk, and Lee Williamson.....Hahahahahaha! Big Deal! Now let me remind you if you've forgotten.....the last show we raced a heads up chain race, both TJ and I smoked Art's "thin to win" chain. No LIES.....Just FACT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back