Sewing/Patching raingear

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you mean Shoe Goo. Which does work well. Also, Seam Grip and a sticky tent repair patch work well.

Yes ... fingers move faster than my brain can. Shoe goo it is! I have Helly Hanson stuff that I wore on the coast in on the rigging with that 3 step combination that lasted many seasons. Seam Grip is better than shoe goo if I remember correctly and works best on the rubber rain gear.

The original post asked about patching the Nesco rainclothes. That stuff is really slick and I think the shoe goo will not stick. Why I suggested the pipe stuff. The primer melts it a bit so the glue will stick.

I've had luck with tire patches too but then I had access to the guys in the camp truck shop. They were good for patching rubber caulks to get you through the winter. You are right about the shoe goo and the really slick rubber - it would peel off and not bond. I think the seam grip would also loosen up the rubber abit but then I also scuffed the surface with a bit of sandpaper too.

Latest posts

Back