shadow box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I'm no Bob Villa but with the help from my Dad when I visited my folks this spring I built this, it's a gift for a friend.

Sides are 1/2" maple, moldings I think are pine. Wanted to do it all in birch but I couldn't get any birch lumber shipped for a reasonable cost. The maple was available at Lowe's about an hr from my folks. (They don't sell that around here... also had oak and cherry).
Still spend stuff, I have probably about $300 into it and easily 15hrs.

There is glass that slides in, just need to get a piece of glass later today.

It's gonna need a sturdy wall, weighs about 40lbs. The clock is 1/2" thick, from a section of TAPS pipe. The box is about 2220151223_213652.jpg "x26x4" deep."

Well it was a hit at the get together last night. I got the glass put in the morning.

The clock was an item his wife loved. It used to be mounted in a frame and it fell one day breaking the clock.

I found it last year while cleaning and decided to fix it. His wife passed on in 2010 from cancer.

Well it really meant alot, they are going to hang it on the wall near her urn. There is an led light in the top so it will light up the box nicely, act as a nightlight.

Back