sharkbite fittings - please post opinion

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trialanderror

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
looking into using sharbite fittings. they look badass. If you used them, let me know what your application was (high/low temp. hi/lo pressure) and let me know how good it worked (leaks, etc).

Maybe make this a sticky or something? quick reference?

I used them,no pressure 180 degree temps,no leaks anywhere.I found they were the easiest to fit when you warmed the pex tubing,and put a slight chamfer on the pipes inside edge,then they slipped right on.A heat gun or handheld propane torch really made it go much easier for me.I like the double o rings,and think they worked great for me.

i redid a trailer house water line this fall and used them no leaks (yet lol)hot and cold sides at the faucets just have to makesure no burrs and cut straight larry

Got one on the output side of a Quincy 325 compressor. Runs about 110 psi and gets pretty warm.....never had any issues.

I installed a tee in a copper hot water line a few years ago. quick, easy, and no problems. I don't have the experience to count on all 3 joints coming out right if I sweat solder a copper tee.

I use them they are awesome.

I have used them in my application @ 200 degrees no problem

They are certified to 200 psi and 200 degrees so they are proven.

You can have a tee with copper on on side pex on the other and CPVC or CTS on the last fitting all with no leaks.

Pricey but worth it.

I've used a bunch of them when installing my Outdoor Wood Burner.

I've used 1", 3/4" and 1/2".

I've connected them to copper, pex and PVC.

No leaks, no where.

Just make sure you push them on all the way.

shark bite fittings

I have used them a few times on the owb and had to repair a water leek in my camper. worked like a charm.especially for Joe home owner.a little on the pricey side but it is a no brainier to use them. I recommend them

there's some tight spots i need to get into, tight two arms let alone a flame and trying to hold a string of solder....

figured they'd be nice if i ever wanted to change a plumbing route.....or add/remove soemthing.

Shark Bites

They may be expensive but they work well! I used a lot of Shark Bite fittings on my OWB install. No leaks and easily removed.

I actually bought a second one, a pipe cap. I put it where I can find it if I need it.

1 Sometime something will happen I will be very glad I have it. Money well spent.

2 I will never get myself in such a pinch the rest of my life. Money very well spent.

Back