sharpening wheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimma

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a diamond coated grinding wheel for an angle grinder to sharpen carbide teeth on a stump grinder? I had been getting them from New River corp. but they have been unavailable since the covid thing started.

Thanks Grinder 52. I have a sharpening system for the teeth, but it requires you remove the teeth. I like to touch up the edge of the teeth more often. Makes grinding much more pleasant. Tried using the grinding wheel exclusively, but it is hard to keep the proper angle of the tooth shaft and it creates a big vibration when you get under the grade while grinding. Have a Merry Christmas.

I think I found the right place but it is Bad Dog tools, in R.I. They have a bunch of grinding wheels on their web page, but the one that fits the angle grinder is about $200 and up.

Wow that's funny, I picked up a grinding wheel for my 4/4 1/2 " angle grinder thought it was around $110.00 . That is the right companion my way up from Florida ,when I get home I'll check my invoices.Shut down for the winter.How did you make out with changing out the cutter wheel bearings? Take care

Wow that's funny, I picked up a grinding wheel for my 4/4 1/2 " angle grinder thought it was around $110.00 . That is the right companion my way up from Florida ,when I get home I'll check my invoices.Shut down for the winter.How did you make out with changing out the cutter wheel bearings? Take care
Let me know what your invoice says. If it is around $110, let me know exactly what wheel you use. Mine is for my 4.5 angle grinder also. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place. I did change my lower bearings on my cutting wheel and had a hard time re-aligning them, but when I got both sides aligned, it solved a lot of my cutting problems. It still shakes and rattles when I get below the grade, but I think the teeth may have something to do with that. It seems to let up some when I change a few teeth with new ones instead of the resharpened ones. I bought a new resharpening set up, but with the round sharpening wheel spinning, even with the special grooved wheel, for that tooth, I can't get the exact same angle on the teeth that come on the new teeth.

Hey brother, checked out their web site and found two 4.5" HD11 grinding wheels. One is the endless cutting and grinding wheel ($169.95) and the other is the 4.5 flange endless flush grinding and cutting wheel ($199.95) Both has hard metal listed in its recommendations but I don"t see anything for carbide on either which makes me a bit nervous. And the ones I were using were two sided so I could flip it over and use the other side when they were worn. Is one of these the one you use?

Back