Shindaiwa 757 ported....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TRI955

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
Here you go woodyman....

...sharp chain, 7 pin rim and tuned better, I think, in walnut....

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i51.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/TRI955/DSCN1748.flv">

yes, it did hit the dirt....

Last edited:
TraditionalTool

TraditionalTool

Addicted to ArboristSite
It sounds better, but walnut is much softer than the white oak you were using. :poke:
Sharpen the chain and fix it. IMO, it's worth touching up if it needs it, and anytime you hit dirt, all bets off. Chainsaws are going in the 100 ft. per second, AFAIK, and higher. This means you get several revolutions of the cutters getting pulled through small stones and grit, the very same stuff you CAN use to sharpen with! Unfortunately as you know, this dulls them in this case...:cry:

Don't use that chain any more unless you sharpen it (*IMO*;-). Hopefully you have another loop, if you don't have a file, solved easy enough.

I want to suggest that you take a few minutes to build a cradle that will lift the log off the ground, or just put another log under one...

No matter, I'm not trying to sound like your father Mike, you have an awesome saw there, and I for one, would like to see what type of b@!!$ it has...get sharp chain and let the saw do the cutting. :cheers:

(and tell you buddy, yeah, the audio works...imagine that!;))

TRI955

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
It sounds better, but walnut is much softer than the white oak you were using. :poke:

Sharpen the chain and fix it. IMO, it's worth touching up if it needs it, and anytime you hit dirt, all bets off. Chainsaws are going in the 100 ft. per second, AFAIK, and higher. This means you get several revolutions of the cutters getting pulled through small stones and grit, the very same stuff you CAN use to sharpen with! Unfortunately as you know, this dulls them in this case...:cry:

Don't use that chain any more unless you sharpen it (*IMO*;-). Hopefully you have another loop, if you don't have a file, solved easy enough.

I want to suggest that you take a few minutes to build a cradle that will lift the log off the ground, or just put another log under one...

No matter, I'm not trying to sound like your father Mike, you have an awesome saw there, and I for one, would like to see what type of b@!!$ it has...get sharp chain and let the saw do the cutting. :cheers:

(and tell you buddy, yeah, the audio works...imagine that!;))

That was the last I will be running that saw. As woodyman mentioned, it's up on the auction block right now.

:cheers:
Mike

TraditionalTool

TraditionalTool

Addicted to ArboristSite
That was the last I will be running that saw. As woodyman mentioned, it's up on the auction block right now.

:cheers:
Mike
I'm gonna bump this up for you Mike, since your auction is closing in less than a day.

Anyone interested in Mike's Slingerized 757, the auction has less than a day left.

Auction hasn't reached reserve yet, don't ask me why people set a reserve and not just set the reserve to the opening bid...I guess hoping to catch a frenzy auction...:rolleyes:

TRI955

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
I'm gonna bump this up for you Mike, since your auction is closing in less than a day.

Anyone interested in Mike's Slingerized 757, the auction has less than a day left.

Auction hasn't reached reserve yet, don't ask me why people set a reserve and not just set the reserve to the opening bid...I guess hoping to catch a frenzy auction...:rolleyes:

Thanks....:cheers:

Tree Sling'r

Tree Sling'r

Addicted to ArboristSite
Here you go woodyman....

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i51.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/TRI955/DSCN1748.flv">

This is a little more like the way it left here, good job, now get the wood up higher and quit sawing dirt.

TraditionalTool

TraditionalTool

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks....:cheers:
No problem Mike, and don't forget all you shoppers out there, there's a Buy-It-Now button for all of you with an itchy finger, wanting to secure your auction win! :cheers:

All of your auction profits and proceeds go to Mike's pocket to try and recoup, so don't be shy, he's got more than the BIN in this saw for certain. :bringit:

TraditionalTool

TraditionalTool

Addicted to ArboristSite
now get the wood up higher and quit sawing dirt.
:agree2:

I mentioned about this above in this thread, because most people don't take the time to do the math on a chainsaw chain, and the amount of times a cutter will go through grit as you put it in the dirt. It's the best way to dull a chain...

OTOH, $#!T happens...sometimes chain goes in the dirt accidentally...I bet even YOU have done that! ;)

Put another chain on and go on with life...not the end of the world...

Would be a good test at a GTG, run a chain in the dirt and compare it against a new one. Might make people be a bit more careful...:)

Oh yeah, last chance on this Sling'rized 757! ;)

TRI955

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
:agree2:

I mentioned about this above in this thread, because most people don't take the time to do the math on a chainsaw chain, and the amount of times a cutter will go through grit as you put it in the dirt. It's the best way to dull a chain...

OTOH, $#!T happens...sometimes chain goes in the dirt accidentally...I bet even YOU have done that! ;)

Put another chain on and go on with life...not the end of the world...

Would be a good test at a GTG, run a chain in the dirt and compare it against a new one. Might make people be a bit more careful...:)

Oh yeah, last chance on this Sling'rized 757! ;)

You know you don't get any commision for selling my saw!!!

If someone from here does the buy it now, I will ship it for free.

Mike

TraditionalTool

TraditionalTool

Addicted to ArboristSite
You know you don't get any commision for selling my saw!!!

If someone from here does the buy it now, I will ship it for free.

Mike
I was gonna ask if I did...:laugh:

Seriously, no problem, hope they meet the reserve!

Good luck!

BTW, congrats on that 359 again, looks sweet...will it get Sling'rized???

Latest posts