Shindaiwa 757?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alderman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a used Shindaiwa 757 that I have no history on. I find it tends to flood on cold start up. This morning I finally got it running with a new plug, ten pulls with the start switch off. It fires right up after the initial firing. It had a slight hesitation on throttle up but a tweek of the low side solved that issue.

Any suggestions that may help?

attachment.php

Last edited:
If you've put a kit through it and it's still doing it, I'd check the pop off pressure.

Make sure firstly that the valve is holding and not leaking down, that'll cause flooding, obviously.

Next, if the pop off pressure is too low it will tend to flood at low speeds and be hard to restart.

When too high it tends to lean out at high speed.

The actual pop off pressure isn't something that is checked on OPE, just that the valve seals.
Zama and Walbro discourage checking the actual pop off pressure claiming it can warp the diaphragm, but it's a critical check on racing two strokes.

What technique are you employing for starting? how does ten pulls with the start switch OFF work? that would definetly flood most saws. the shindys are normally real good starters even straight out of the box.

What technique are you employing for starting? how does ten pulls with the start switch OFF work? that would definetly flood most saws. the shindys are normally real good starters even straight out of the box.

Actually it will allow the saw to start, at least it has always worked for me. Cold start proceduere= choke on, high idle, switch on and let her rip.

Actually it will allow the saw to start, at least it has always worked for me. Cold start proceduere= choke on, high idle, switch on and let her rip.

last 757 I looked at, switch on, full choke 3 pulls pop, flick to high idle, run. would do that every time. 10 pulls will be flooding it for sure!

never in my life have I heard of trying to start a saw with the ignition switch OFF

Not trying to start with the ignition off, just clearing out the fuel so it will start with the ignition on. I read this somewhere years ago and it has worked many times so those who say it won't are wrong on this one.

Don't ask me why it works.

Not trying to start with the ignition off, just clearing out the fuel so it will start with the ignition on. I read this somewhere years ago and it has worked many times so those who say it won't are wrong on this one.

Don't ask me why it works.

OK I understand now, it is like trying to start a flooded car, full choke until it fires when you flood it. I still think you would be better off with the ignition on.

I thought you were doing it right from the start. As I was trying to say most of the shindys I have seen pull fuel up quite quickly and start quite quickly, and easily.

The last couple times I've started it, I noticed it barely coughs on the first pull with the choke out and high idle. Choke in and it fires right up on the next pull. I'm thinking I wasn't hearing the cough on the startup and proceeded to flood it with more pulls with the choke out.

The last couple times I've started it, I noticed it barely coughs on the first pull with the choke out and high idle. Choke in and it fires right up on the next pull. I'm thinking I wasn't hearing the cough on the startup and proceeded to flood it with more pulls with the choke out.

Quite possible, Have had that same issue myself where there is just a faint "pluff" as the pull finishes which is hardly noticeable.

I see you have another 757, take the carb off it and see if you have the same problem. That would rule out if its something else or indeed the carb, just my $.02

Back